Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant Professor (0818160) « Position Deleted on 1/19/2013 »
|Institution:||University of New Mexico|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsWork Location: UNM Main Campus (Abq)
The University of New Mexico is a Doctoral Research Extensive (R-1) institution that emphasizes excellence in research and teaching. The Educational Leadership Program is comprised of faculty who: 1) work together to model team-based organizational improvement and learning through professional community; 2) believe in the power of leaders to create environments that promote human flourishing, being particularly committed to creating that atmosphere in institutions burdened with constrained resources; and 3) are committed to preparing leaders for diverse settings in multicultural contexts. We invite applications from outstanding scholar-practitioners for a P-12 generalist tenure-track, assistant professor level, who is trained in theory and research, has P-12 school leader/administrator experience and who can provide a balance between theory, practice, and research in the delivery of our graduate programs.
Responsibilities: Teaching in both the Educational Leadership masters and doctorate programs; Advising masters and doctoral students specializing in educational leadership; Chair and/or serve on masters' projects and doctoral dissertations; Serve on department and university committees; Contribute to program partnerships and initiatives; and , Maintain an active research agenda.
For best consideration, application must be received by January 11, 2013. To be considered, candidate must submit all required documents.
UNM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator.
1) An earned doctorate by the time of the appointment in Educational Leadership/Educational Administration; 2) evidence of potential for excellence in qualitative, quantitative or mixed research methods; 3) evidence of potential for teaching graduate students in a variety of core curricular area, such as, Data- Informed Instructional Leadership; Organizational Change; Adult Learning; School Finance and Resource Allocation; Legal Issues for School Leaders; Instructional Leadership; Supervision and Evaluation; and other courses associated with masters and doctoral programs; 4) evidence of potential for excellence in scholarly research and publications that contribute to the Educational Leadership field.
1) Demonstrate commitment to working with diverse populations; 2) Successful experience as a school leader in P-12 educational settings; 3) Demonstrate abilities to conduct research and scholarly activities; 4) Demonstrate abilities to direct graduate action-research projects and dissertations; and, 5) Experience with distance learning, web-based based technologies.
For Best Consideration
Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, List of References (Faculty/Exec)
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application packet will include:
1) A signed letter of intent, including statement of qualifications in relation to the required and desired qualifications
2) A complete curriculum vitae
3) A minimum of 3 professional references including name, email addresses, and phone numbers
Inquiries regarding the position can be directed to the Department of Educational Leadership Dept. Administrator at email@example.com
The University of New Mexico is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator.