Online Adjunct Faculty - Security Management (Undergrad Program) « Position Deleted on 12/07/2012 »
|Institution:||American Public University System|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
American Public University System
Online Adjunct Faculty - Security Management (Undergrad Program)
Synopsis of Role:
Adjunct and full-time teaching faculty share our commitment to learning, teaching, interaction with students and faculty, service to our communities of practice, and scholarship. They are united by the common goal of inspiring academic excellence in students with a broad range of interests and experiences consistent with the Community of Inquiry Framework as adopted by APUS for cognitive presence, teaching presence, and social presence. They are key to creating a rewarding online learning experience for students by engaging them, challenging them, and supporting them. They contribute to and participate in a range of activities related to effectiveness and excellence in teaching and student retention. Faculty members remain aware of discipline content intent for the courses they teach. They follow APUS guidelines, processes, and methods and are responsive to mentoring and coaching.
- Master's degree in Security Management or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution is preferred.
- CISSP certification is required.
- Five or more years of experience in a field related to security management is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs required.
- College-level teaching experience is preferred.
- Online teaching experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of information systems assessment, validation and verification is preferred.
- Knowledge of current regulatory and policy issues related to cyber security is preferred.
- Knowledge of current threat, vulnerability and mitigation strategies is preferred.
- Teaching excellence
- Deliver online lessons to undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Initiate, facilitate, interact and moderate online classroom forums.
- Be a faculty leader in your classes embracing fully the Community of Inquiry Framework of Teaching Presence, Cognitive Presence, and Social Presence.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers within the timeframe set forth by APUS policy providing effective feedback to guide student learning and success.
- Comply with APUS guidelines and expectations for quality faculty engagement online.
- Engage in the classroom and reply to emails, etc. at least every other day, including one day during the weekend.
- Remain aware of classroom procedures and use of instructional materials.
- Participate in professional development to enhance teaching skills.
- Attend discipline specific and administrative meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain 'discipline' knowledge by participating in one's own discipline-related professional communities.
- Support APUS initiatives and departments.
- Sitting, extensive use of keyboard
Thank you for your interest in APUS!