Research Analyst « Position Deleted on 2/05/2013 »
|Institution:||Tarrant County College District|
|Location:||Fort Worth, TX|
Job Description Summary:
The Office of Institutional Research, Planning and Effectiveness assists with the College's planning, improvement and institutional assessment initiatives. Responsibilities of the Research Analyst include data: collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting. The job requires technical familiarity with data coding structures and conventions, knowledge of methodologies for quantitative and qualitative analysis, and a familiarity with the use of statistical software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with institutional research staff to provide timely, relevant and accurate institutional information to internal and external audiences.
- Identifies, designs and executes quantitative, qualitative and survey research projects, providing input on design, development and implementation.
- Works with large complex data sets, including exporting/importing from various sources, cleaning data files and maintaining historical records.
- Uses statistical techniques and software packages (SPSS).
- Prepares reports, summarizing data and analyses that present results in a clear and concise manner for multiple audiences, including the creation of clear and effective charts and tables.
- Maintains security of confidential student and employee information.
- Proofreads all reports, correspondence and statistical tables for accuracy and completeness.
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the Tarrant County College (TCC) Institute
- Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity, and service to the College
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures:
- Master's degree in math/statistics, computer science, social/behavioral sciences, higher education administration or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university
- Three (3) years of work experience in a related area
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate research methodology and findings to a diverse constituency
- Ability to have great attention to detail while working on multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, organized and resourceful with the ability to complete projects with rapidly changing priorities
- Willingness to make a professional commitment through continuing education and participation in professional conferences and workshops
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with computerized systems
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Doctorate degree in math/statistics, computer science, social/behavioral sciences, higher education administration or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university
- Experience in accessing data from multiple sources and merging them to perform analyses
- Experience administering and analyzing web-based surveys
- Familiarity with external reporting, including data collections for Peterson's, National Student Clearinghouse and IPEDS
- Knowledge of CCSSE and SENSE
- Knowledge of CBM State Reporting