Associate Director, Campus Recreation (50) « Position Deleted on 3/08/2013 »
|Institution:||Illinois State University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
Job Summary/Responsibilities: The mission of Campus Recreation is to enhance the quality of life of our unique members by educating and encouraging active participation in recreational opportunities that develop leadership skills, foster social interaction, and reinforce healthy behaviors.
Under the administrative supervision of the Executive Director, the Associate Director will serve as a member of the Leadership Team and assist in the general administration of the unit in all areas including program and facility management, assessment, and budget management. The Associate Director will directly supervise three of six program areas, but will assist with general operations of the department as needed.
The Associate Director will serve as a leader on the Executive Director's team and will provide support to the execution of numerous executive and administrative duties of considerable scope and complexity requiring excellent initiative, judgment, knowledge and critical thinking.
Required Qualifications: 1. Master's Degree required in Recreation, Physical Education, Business Management, Sport
Management, College Student Personnel or related fields.
2. The candidate must have demonstrated leadership and management skills with at least four years of progressive practical experience in recreational sports management and programming.
3. The candidate must possess excellent communication skills along with a sound concept of university recreation program administration and the student development process.
4. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to collaborate, form partnerships and work effectively as a member of a goal-oriented team and demonstrate an exceptional ability to build and maintain professional relationships.
5. Supervisory and personnel management skills required.
6. Proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing applications required.
Special Instructions: Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. To ensure consideration, please submit your materials no later than January 18, 2013.
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list, and resume to attach to this application.
Formatting for References: name, contact information and relationship (i.e. direct supervisor, former supervisor, colleague, etc.). Five (5) references required.
Proposed Start Date: March 2013