Business Analyst, Senior « Position Deleted on 2/05/2013 »
Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,300 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Do you like being a part of a high energy team that likes helping others? Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment? Our expectations are high, and we work hard - and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn't hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that's just the beginning. Come join us as a Business Analyst, Senior.
You will add value by:
- Eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level information into details, abstracting up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishing user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicating and collaborating with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (use cases, storyboards/wireframes, test scenarios, etc.)
- Serving as a conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Collaborating with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Demonstrating ownership from specification review to final testing, is responsible for high quality, on-time delivery of assigned functional areas that meet or exceed customer expectations.
What we need from you:
- Higher Education experience 7+ years
- 5+ years of experience in Business Analysis
- Experience in Product Development teams
- Experience in creating user stories and acceptance test criteria
- Strong analytic skills required, including the ability to interpret customer needs into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to create low level wireframes, based off usability guidelines, for the functionality
- Has the drive and enthusiasm to test and verify the quality of the deliverable
- Solid communication skills both written and spoken
- Self-starter who understands how to effectively deal with ambiguity and with changing priorities.
- Experience in Agile Development Teams