Job Seekers, Sign In
Nutrition Education Program Coordinator - Purdue University Student Health Center « Position Deleted on 12/07/2012 »
|Location:||West Lafayette, IN|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJOB DUTIES
Develop, implement, and evaluate nutrition education programs, including individual consultations, group presentations, and health awareness campaigns. Perform appropriate assessments, individual nutrition consultations, and chart notes for diseases, disorders, weight management, healthy eating, and sports nutrition. Conduct and evaluate media campaigns and yearly nutrition awareness campaigns, such as Eating Disorders Awareness and Prevention Week, National Nutrition Month, American Heart Month, and American Diabetes Month.
- Bachelor's degree in Dietetics, Foods and Nutrition, or related area.
- Registered dietitian credentials (RD) and continuing education through ADA.
- Two years' experience in therapeutic and clinical nutrition counseling and education for individuals and groups.
- Solid experience coordinating nutrition education programs and initiatives.
- Expertise in the area of eating disorders.
- Ability to perform nutrition screening, assessment, and evaluation for patients.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Capability to work with a diverse client population including non-US residents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced degree in Nutrition, Health Promotion, or related field.
- Experience with electronic health records.
For consideration submit resume and apply online at: www.purdue.edu/careers and reference Job Number 12001945.
Purdue University is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.