Assistant/Associate Professor, Education Librarian « Position Deleted on 2/14/2013 »
|Institution:||Illinois State University|
Education Librarian: Illinois State University's Milner Library seeks a tenure-track Education Librarian. This position is responsible for planning, implementing, overseeing, and evaluating collections in the areas of education and psychology. Serves as library liaison to the departments of Educational Administration and Foundations, Special Education, and Psychology, which offer curricular programs ranging from undergraduate through doctoral. Provides proactive support for research and scholarly communication to students and faculty. Participates in general and specialized reference and research services, as well as providing in-depth consultation with faculty and students in liaison departments. Develops and maintains a web presence for assigned subject areas. Develops, plans, conducts, and assesses library instruction for relevant areas. Develops and pursues an agenda of scholarship and service.
Milner Library faculty members have responsibilities in the areas of librarianship, scholarly and creative activities, and service as outlined in Illinois State University Faculty Appointment, Salary, Promotion and Tenure Policies ( http://provost.illinoisstate.edu/faculty/tenure.shtml) and Milner Library's Department and College Faculty Status Committees' Criteria for Evaluation, Promotion, and Tenure.
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited program
- Strong public services orientation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong reference and library instruction skills in classroom and one-on-one settings
- Experience or training in collection development
- Skills necessary to serve students/faculty in person and at a distance
- Skills necessary to serve working practitioners seeking advanced degrees
- Willing and able to utilize technologies selected by departments
- Evidence of partnerships and collaborative work with relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrated potential to meet University Promotion and Tenure requirements
- Completion of a second advanced degree in relevant academic field preferred by the date of hire
- Coordinates and collaborates with related subject librarians
- Familiar with assessment benchmarks and practices
Salary and Benefits: Salary starting at $62,000 as assistant professor, commensurate with qualifications and experience. 24 days vacation and 11 paid holidays per year.
Position Available: July 1, 2013
To Apply: To assure full consideration submit a cover letter, resume, and names of 3 references to email@example.com or mail to: Education Librarian Search Committee, Illinois State University, Milner Library, Campus Box 8900, Normal, IL 61790-8900 by January 13, 2013. Initial review of applications will begin then and continue until the position is filled.