Temporary- Office Manager (CTD- Summer)
Full-time employment from June 18-August 9, 2013.
Starting salary $2,800 per summer increasing to $3,100 per summer depending on CTD Summer Program experience.
Please complete additional documents by going to:
http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/policies-forms/forms/hiring/index.htmland selecting (2013 Summer Staff Supplemental Application).
For any questions please contact: tcadministrationnorthwestern.edu
Job Summary: This position is for the Summer Program located in Evanston
Academic Office Managers (AOMs) provide administrative support to the Academic Coordinators (ACs), Assistant Academic Coordinators (AACs) and to CTD administrative staff. AOMs help manage the day-to-day activities for the academic portion of the Summer Program. Tasks include, but are not limited to, staffing the academic office, running errands, word processing, data collection, arranging field trips, assisting with student evaluations and other clerical and administrative tasks.
- Carefully review all program, site and staff materials provided by the Summer Program. Return all completed paperwork as requested;
- Attend staff training;
- Uphold and promote the CTD Honor Code;
- Follow all CTD rules and regulations concerning staff conduct, appropriate dress, program procedures, and other responsibilities as set forth in the staff handbook and by administrative staff;
- Assume program related responsibilities as requested by CTD administrative staff.
- Review the Coordinator Handbook and complete required training modules. Be knowledgeable of administrative policies and NU procedures that must be implemented in the Summer Program Office
- Work full time, from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Additional hours may be required. AOMs must consult with CTD administrative staff before scheduling personal activities that may interfere with the AOM job
- Assist CTD administrative staff and ACs in preparing for instructional staff training
- Assist with preparations for the program and distribution of class and staff lists, memos, and other program materials
- Organize and schedule computer lab, academic field trips, food, and transportation requests
- Staff the academic office between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday and on Program Opening Days, which are Sundays. Additional hours may be required
- Oversee procedures for and accurately record student attendance
- Carry and use a CTD-issued cell phone at all times and respond to requests and emergencies
- Manage daily communications regarding meetings and notifications regarding student, staff, scheduling, and academic issues
- Make necessary and approved purchases as requested by ACs and/or administrative staff
- Accurately track purchases and receipts, maintaining accurate financial records; communicate regularly with Summer Program Coordinator regarding requests, purchases, and budgets
- Finalize academic field trip arrangements, confirm transportation, order lunches, arrange for their pick-up, confirm reservations, prepare the instructor/TA with the field trip pack, etc. pertinent information (i.e. tickets, maps, emergency info/materials);
- In coordination with Technology Coordinator, manage and troubleshoot technology/computer lab requests and scheduling
- Supervise Office Assistants
- Order staff meals for instructor lunches and TA dinners from approved vendors and within budget
- Under the direction of the Academic Coordinators, manage the distribution and collection of End of Course and Staff Evaluations
- Perform clerical tasks as requested
- Attend administrative staff meetings
- Assist in the collection of course folders, test reporting forms, evaluations, and other course related materials from instructors and TAs
- Organize and help inventory course and program materials and supplies
- Prepare and submit site report detailing work responsibilities, hiring/training methodology and experience, summer coordination, and recommendations for the future
- Turn in cell phone, computer, flash drive, keys, purchasing card, petty cash, receipts, invoices, any outstanding paperwork and office supplies to administrative staff
Office or project management experience required. Applicants must possess superior organizational, communication, and customer service skills, be detail-oriented, and creative problem-solvers. Must be flexible and have a positive disposition while working in a fast-paced environment. Computer proficiency and experience with FileMaker Pro or other databases required. Must be able to lift 40+ lbs, and have a valid U.S. driver's license.
How to Apply
This job is open for online applications.
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly believes in creating an environment that welcomes students, faculty and staff of all races, nationalities and religions. In doing so, we offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow in diverse communities preparing them for successful careers in an increasingly global and diverse work force.
For consideration, please click on the link below. You will be directed to Northwestern University's electronic recruiting system, eRecruit, where you will search and apply for current openings. To apply for this position in eRecruit, enter the Job Opening ID number in the appropriate search field. Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming submission of your resume. For all resumes received, if there is interest in your candidacy, the human resources recruiter or the department hiring manager will contact you.
Job Opening ID number for this position is #20402
- Please include resume and coverletter with your application.
"As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a
criminal background check prior to employment."
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: 12/11/2012
|Contact:|| Human Resources
|Online App. Form:||http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/jobs/|