Temporary- Laboratory Prep Coordinator Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics(CTD Summer)
Training Dates: June 13, 2013 and June 26, 2013
Part Time: June 19 - June 28 2013
Fulltime June 30 - August 3rd 2013
Salary paying $2400-$2600 for the summer (both sessions), depending on experience; $200-$250 additional if pre-session work is required.
Please complete additional documents by going to:
http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/policies-forms/forms/hiring/index.htmland selecting (2013 Summer Staff Supplemental Application).
For any questions please contact: tcadministration(at)northwestern.edu
Job Summary: This position is located in Evanston
The Laboratory Prep Coordinators work closely with CTD science instructors, the Academic Coordinator (AC), and Northwestern University and outside lab liaisons to provide laboratory setups for CTD courses and to carry out laboratory and administrative tasks as assigned. Lab Prep Coordinator work hours are generally 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; however, additional time may be required and hours may be adjusted depending on scheduled lab and prep times.
Carefully review all program, site and staff materials provided by the summer program. Return all completed paperwork as requested; Attend staff training; Follow all CTD rules and regulations concerning staff conduct, appropriate dress, program procedures, and other responsibilities as set forth in the staff handbook and by administrative staff; Assume program related responsibilities as requested by CTD administrative staff.
- Be knowledgeable of administrative policies and NU/outside laboratory procedures that must be implemented in the laboratory;
- Meet with NU/outside lab staff prior to the start of the session and become familiar with Northwestern University/outside lab organization, maintenance and procedures;
- Review all CTD science course syllabi prior to the start of the sessions. Create, update and confirm laboratory use schedules with each CTD science instructor prior to the start of the sessions;
- Review syllabi and determine supplies and materials needed. Communicate needed supplies and materials to Program Assistants and Summer Program Coordinator so supplies and materials can be ordered;
- Ensure the receipt of supply orders based on lab schedules and assignments;
- Prepare, set up, break down and clean laboratories for science courses based on lab schedules and assignments;
- During labs, assist instructor and R/TA as needed and help supervise students, paying particular attention to laboratory safety;
- Communicate regularly during the sessions with instructors and university lab liaisons for laboratory instructions, set-up, and materials;
- Be responsible for upkeep and cleanliness of lab areas and equipment, including proper disposal and cleaning of supplies and lab areas;
- Act as liaison among Northwestern University/outside laboratory staff, instructors, and CTD staff.
Current or past enrollment in a college undergraduate or graduate degree program required. Applicants should display strong organizational and problem solving skills and should be self-starters, motivated, flexible and adaptable, have a professional demeanor, demonstrate a mature and positive attitude, and serve as role models for students and other staff members. Applicants should also exhibit a strong work ethic and commitment to teamwork. Applicants must be able to lift and carry 40+ pounds.
Must have working knowledge of lab processes and procedures, and expertise in assigned lab area preferred.
How to Apply
This job is open for online applications.
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly believes in creating an environment that welcomes students, faculty and staff of all races, nationalities and religions. In doing so, we offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow in diverse communities preparing them for successful careers in an increasingly global and diverse work force.
For consideration, please click on the link below. You will be directed to Northwestern University's electronic recruiting system, eRecruit, where you will search and apply for current openings. To apply for this position in eRecruit, enter the Job Opening ID number in the appropriate search field. Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming submission of your resume. For all resumes received, if there is interest in your candidacy, the human resources recruiter or the department hiring manager will contact you.
Job Opening ID number for this position is #20400
- Please include resume and coverletter with your application.
"As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a
criminal background check prior to employment."
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: 12/11/2012
|Contact:|| Human Resources
|Online App. Form:||http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/jobs/|