Temporary- Academic Coordinator (CTD- Summer) « Position Deleted on 6/18/2013 »
Full-time work June 18 - August 14, 2013
Spark & Solstice (one position)
Starting salary $4,000 per summer, increasing to $4,500 depending on CTD Summer Program experience Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
Apogee, Spectrum & Equinox (three positions)
Starting salary $5,800 per summer, increasing to $6,200 depending on CTD Summer Program experience Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
The Academic Coordinator (AC) serves as the point of contact for all instructional staff, students and parents for each specific program. The AC collaborates with the Program Coordinator to ensure that the academic component of each program is meeting expectations. The AC provides guidance to instructors to ensure that each course is appropriate for students in the Summer Program, and that it aligns with other course offerings in rigor and scope of content. The AC sets a professional tone for the program and serves as a positive role model for staff and students.
- Carefully review all program, site and staff materials provided by the summer program. Return all completed paperwork as requested;
- Attend coordinator training;
- Uphold and promote the CTD Honor Code;
- Follow all CTD rules and regulations concerning staff conduct, appropriate dress, program procedures, and other responsibilities as set forth in the staff handbook and by administrative staff;
- Assume program related responsibilities as requested by CTD administrative staff;
- Be knowledgeable about administrative policies and NU procedures that are implemented in the residence halls and train staff accordingly;
- Observe academic office hours on campus when classes are in session (7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday) as well as on Opening Days, which are Sundays, and during weeknight evening study sessions as assigned;
- Be available by CTD-issued mobile phone at all times to respond to requests and emergencies.
- At close of program return cell phone, computer, keys, purchasing card, petty cash, receipts, invoices, any outstanding paperwork and office supplies to administrative staff.
Manage People by:
- Clarifying expectations and responsibilities of instructional staff through training activities and immediate feedback;
- Managing and utilizing the skills of the Assistant Academic Coordinator assigned to the relevant program;
- Supporting instructional staff, encouraging collaboration between instructors and teaching assistants, and gathering information through classroom observations;
- Managing staff conduct issues as they arise through modeling and/or appropriate redress;
- Reviewing and editing course syllabi, supervising the collection and organization of student evaluations and any other follow-up documents to ensure consistency with course goals and CTD standards for quality and timeliness;
- Providing timely, meaningful and constructive feedback to academic staff regarding documentation and instructional activities;
- Responding in a positive and supportive manner to instructional staff questions, concerns and needs.
- Using CTD database and other software and to generate, organize and distribute academic data and documents;
- In collaboration with administrative staff, prepare and facilitate training sessions for instructional staff;
- Working with and maintaining as needed electronic grading and evaluation systems, and training staff as needed on the use of each system;
- Conveying effectively to academic staff, through training experiences and documents, CTD policy and procedures;
- Responding to parent inquiries and concerns appropriately;
- Documenting administrative procedures and activities to serve the informational needs of both the PC and other academic staff;
- Informing administrative staff of student or staff concerns as appropriate.
- Overseeing the process of distributing/assigning academic resources such as materials, equipment and lab & classroom space as requested;
- Executing the collection of equipment, materials and documentation from academic staff at each session's conclusion, and facilitating academic staff debriefing and preparing a site report.
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field and 3 to 5 years teaching experience required;
- Master's degree and Type 75 certification (preferred);
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills and supervisory experience;
- Experience working in a fast-paced academic setting (preferred);
- Curriculum development, conflict management, customer service, and evaluation experience (highly desired);
- Strong work ethic and commitment to teamwork; and
- Computer proficiency and experience with FileMaker Pro or other databases.
This job is open for online applications.
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly believes in creating an environment that welcomes students, faculty
and staff of all races, nationalities and religions. In doing so, we offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow in diverse
communities preparing them for successful careers in an increasingly global and diverse work force.
For consideration, please click on the link below. You will be directed to Northwestern University's electronic recruiting system, eRecruit, where you will search and apply for current openings. To apply for this position in eRecruit, enter the Job Opening ID number in the appropriate search field. Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming submission of your resume. For all resumes received, if there is interest in your candidacy, the human resources recruiter or the department hiring manager will contact you.
Please attach a PDF of your resume and the CTD Summer Program Supplemental Application to your application when applying.
Please complete additional documents by going to: http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/policies-forms/forms/hiring/index.html and selecting (2013 Summer Staff Supplemental Application).
For any questions please contact: email@example.com
Job Opening ID number for this position is #20363 http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/
"As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment."