Temporary-Program Assistant I (The Center for Talent Development) « Position Deleted on 6/18/2013 »
Important Dates: 15 hours/week January - March 2013. 37.5 hours/week April - August 2013 $12/hr
Please send your Supplemental Application to tcadministration(at)northwestern.edu.
Supplemental Application can be found at http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/policies-forms/forms/hiring/index.html
Job Summary: This is an Office Staff position in Evanston
The Temporary Program Assistant (PA) works closely with the Summer Program administrative staff and in many aspects of the Summer Program, providing assistance to keep programs running smoothly and efficiently. The Program Assistant takes on tasks as directed by the Summer Program Coordinator (SPC) and Early Childhood Coordiantor (ECC) and works closely with Program Coordinators (PCs) and permanent Program Assistants (PAs). This is an active and visible role requiring high energy and flexibility.
- Provide general office support;
- Work closely and effectively communicate with the CTD administrative staff in order to efficiently and accurately complete all necessary program preparations;
- Support and manage recordkeeping for the program assuring accurate data are readily available such as student and staff files, enrollment information, program documents;
- Carefully maintain confidentiality of information about children, families, and staff, as well as of conversations that take place in the CTD offices;
- Follow all rules and regulations concerning staff conduct, program procedures, and specific responsibilities as set forth in the Staff Handbook and by CTD administrative staff;
- Carefully review all program, site and staff materials provided by the summer program. Return all completed paperwork as requested.
- Answer the main Summer Program phone line and provide professional customer support to all parents, students, educators, and staff associated with the program and assure a positive representation of the Center;
- Process staff applications and manage CTD Employment e-mail account;
- Assist with financial tasks and maintain accurate financial records; keep all receipts and report expenses accordingly;
- Process student applications;
- Assume other administrative responsibilities as reasonably requested by CTD staff.
- Previous office or clerical experience required.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced atmosphere is also highly desired.
- Applicants must possess superior organizational, communication, and customer service skills, be detail-oriented, and creative problem-solvers.
- Must be flexible and have a positive disposition while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer proficiency required; experience with data entry preferred.
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs and have a valid driver's license.
This job is open for online applications.
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly believes in creating an environment that welcomes students, faculty and staff of all races, nationalities and religions. In doing so, we offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow in diverse communities preparing them for successful careers in an increasingly global and diverse work force.
For consideration, please click on the link below. You will be directed to Northwestern University's electronic recruiting system, eRecruit, where you will search and apply for current openings. To apply for this position in eRecruit, enter the Job Opening ID number in the appropriate search field. Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming submission of your resume. For all resumes received, if there is interest in your candidacy, the human resources recruiter or the department hiring manager will contact you.
Job Opening ID number for this position is #20328 http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/
Please complete a supplemental application and resume and attached application.
"As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment."