Health Care Dean/Program Lead « Position Deleted on 4/24/2013 »
|Institution:||TCS Education System|
Health Care Dean/Program Lead
TCS Education System and The Chicago School of Professional Psychology are in the early stages of establishing a Health Care Division and are seeking preliminary applications for the position of Dean/ Program Leader. This is an ideal role for someone who likes to establish, build and grow new organizations. This start-up role will afford the incumbent the opportunity to establish an innovative curriculum, recruit premier faculty, and set the strategic vision for an institution dedicated to addressing the critical shortage of health care professionals. This new entity will have connectivity and receive infrastructure support for admissions, marketing, finance/accounting, and information technology.
The vision is for the program to grow and expand to one day being an affiliated health care college of higher learning alongside our colleges of psychology, education and law.
The Dean/Program leader shall be the academic and administrative leader of the school with a potential base in Chicago to start. The Dean shall report to the President and shall be the on-site general manager and chief administrator. The school will operate in accordance with accepted accreditation and compliance practices in health care education.
The Dean/Program Lead shall be responsible for and have the authority for:
- Developing an education program of study in accordance with the essentials specified by requirements and accreditation standards in the health fields determined;
- Defining the business model and pursuing opportunities for new programs
- Selecting high quality faculty and staff
- Selecting highly motivated, qualified students
- Directing the processes that assure accreditation compliance
- Creating a premier scholarly environment for students and faculty
- Preparing and administering the annual budget and forecasts
- Keeping the President and the faculty fully apprised of the educational and financial status and achievements in growing the institution
- Supporting activities that enable student financial assistance and loans
- Overseeing the faculty in the development and maintenance of high quality instruction, scholarship, retention and graduation rates
- Liaising with students, staff, faculty, alumni and community to ensure the successful delivery of commitments
- Determining and managing facilities needs
- An PhD in a health care discipline having a distinguished record of teaching, research, and service in a medically-related field
- Demonstrated capacity to foster an environment of excellence in curriculum design and implementation
- High level of interpersonal and written communication skills that engender credibility and trust
We are seeking candidates with a record of innovative and effective leadership, who expect and enjoy interaction with students. As a visionary and entrepreneurial scholar, the candidate will possess a natural affinity for growing the institution. Knowledge of fiscal and operational management is expected. A track record of productive interactions with hospitals and clinics is plus.
As this role does not exist today, the ideal candidate will share in its creation and determining the pace and scope of growth.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance , retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
For more information about TCS Education System and our affiliates visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.