Regional Office Assistant, FWEC « Position Deleted on 12/15/2012 »
|Institution:||Indiana Wesleyan University|
|Location:||Fort Wayne, IN|
Responsible for reception, secretarial, and overall support for regional administrative processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet visitors and direct them to the right person or place.
- Serve as primary source of information regarding student and faculty concerns and complaints, including clarification and interpretation of policy. Assist with grade appeals, grievances, incomplete grades, independent study, and problem resolution in a professional manner while maintaining confidentiality of vital information.
- Prepare and send mailings to faculty as needed.
- Maintain class files (class rosters, etc.).
- Perform secretarial support to the Regional Dean, Regional Site Manager, and office staff including filing, typing, copying, setting up appointments, taking messages, and distributing confidential materials.
- Responsible for mail distribution.
- Organize storage areas.
- Be proficient in the use of the integrated database (Datatel) and Filemaker databases on IWU’s network.
- Send calendars and rosters for class starts to Chaplain.
- Complete monthly reports for copy and postage usage, petty cash, and weekly reports for bookstore sales.
- Assist the Regional Coordinator of Faculty Recruitment with the following:
- Serve as initial point of contact for onsite inquiries regarding adjunct faculty positions, sending out email responses to those who inquire.
- Complete accepted process by securing tax information for main campus Faculty Recruitment office, printing and compiling documents for local faculty files, scanning of files to WebNow, work with the Regional Dean to invite new faculty to orientation sessions, faculty development sessions, and record attendance in database for both.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Very heavy visual acuity.
Mostly inside environmental conditions.
High School Diploma; Some college preferred
- Display accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks.
- Computer literate.
- Some knowledge and understanding of databases and inventory control principles.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at a time.
- Basic office machine skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
Reports to Regional Sites Manager
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at anytime.