Job Seekers, Sign In
Immigration Assistant - International Programs « Position Deleted on 2/11/2013 »
|Institution:||Purdue University Calumet|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThe immigration assistant serves as a Designated School Official (DSO), providing information and advice to F-1 student visa holders regarding their immigration status; manages data entry consistency across several databases; handles health insurance related issues; and coordinates the administrative functions for the office.
- Associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered
- Three years of experience in a university office setting or an immigration law firm, including some experience in service to international students in the United States
- Intermediate knowledge of PC software, including Word and Excel
- Must be able to meet the Department of Homeland Security regulatory requirements to be a Designated School Official (F-1 program) which are U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Residency. Actual DSO experience is not required. Must be willing to complete the training as a Designated School Official in order to sign federal documents and perform other tasks as directed
- Must possess strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Must have cultural sensitivity to work with a diverse student body and have the desire to work with international students
- Must be very accurate in data entry
- Ability to use relevant immigration and student database(s) and software
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Must be self-directed, able to learn complex information, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to develop an understanding of F-1 visa regulations and the SEVIS database
- Bachelor's degree
- Working experience with SEVIS and immigration regulation
- Experience with Banner Student Information System
Check out our excellent benefit package at: http://www.purdue.edu/hr/Benefits/
FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime)
Retirement Eligibility: PERF Contributions immediately
Review of online applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled, with a preferred online application deadline of: January 2, 2013. Although you are welcome to apply after this date, your resume may or may not be reviewed depending on the outcome of the search.
All offers of employment will be made contingent upon the results of the background check.
Purdue University Calumet is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.