Career Coordinator/Academic Advisor, PRIN (FY13-35) « Position Deleted on 2/13/2013 »
|Institution:||College of Southern Maryland|
|Location:||La Plata, MD|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
The Career Coordinator/Academic Advisor coordinates career services at the Prince Frederick Campus and provides academic advisement which requires ascertaining student goals and assisting in the planning for student attainment of those goals. This position is responsible for organizing, developing, and promoting career events and services to the campus and community. The Career Coordinator/Academic Advisor strives to provide the highest quality service in assisting students in navigating through diverse career, education, and personal opportunities in order to achieve excellence, personal growth and obtain educational goals. Excellent communication and organization skills, confidentiality and the ability to work with limited supervision is required.
The work schedule is 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., however one day a week will work 10 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Occasional evenings and Saturdays will be required based on the need of the department. Flexibility is required.
When applying for this position, please be
prepared to answer the following question:
Please describe your understanding of current trends in the field of career development in a community college setting.
College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the college's staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background checks: Criminal History Check.Required Skills
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- One year experience in career development, education or related field.
- Knowledge of career development theory and application.
- Knowledge of job search training procedures.
- Ability to develop, coordinate and lead student workshops.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Myers Briggs qualified helpful.
- Ability to work with a diverse population with wide variety of needs.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite .
DO NOT RESPOND BY EMAIL
Please apply online: