Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Education « Position Deleted on 2/12/2013 »
|Institution:||Kaplan Higher Education Campuses|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPosition yourself at the forefront of the education revolution.
- Are you interested in helping to make a long-term impact on the future of student and their families?
- Are you an individual who embraces taking on significant ownership and responsibility from the day you begin a new job?
- Are you looking for a role where the demands are high but so is the job satisfaction?
If you answered Yes! to the above, then Kaplan Higher Education Campuses is the place for you.We are currently searching for a dynamic Director of Education at Kaplan College in Southeast Indianapolis. The Director of Education serves as the academic leader and manager of Chairs and faculty members, and is directly responsible and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and outcomes.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a solid leadership team of Chairs and other staff members to ensure retention outcomes, expeditious course scheduling, optimum use of faculty, and resolution of administrative issues.
- Manage daily academic operations to remain within budgetary constraints and improve operating margins.
- Oversight responsibility for hiring, training, evaluating, and retaining qualified faculty and Chairs.
- Supervise the completion of faculty development plans, faculty evaluations, and assessment of development plans.
- Coordinate efforts with Human Resources to ensure all chairs, faculty, and direct reports understand job expectations and receive annual written performance evaluations.
- Participate in curriculum development, evaluation and revision as requested.
- Coordinate with appropriate curriculum partners to ensure faculty are trained on all designated curriculum and institutional assessment initiatives.
- Lead student retention activities that include, but are not limited to: contacting absent students, new student orientation, coordinating departmental student academic advising, providing a beginning point of contact for student escalation issues.
- Ensure department compliance with state Department of Education, accreditation, and company criteria, regulations, and policies.
- Participate as an integral part of the campus budget process, reviewing budget, authorizing part time and full time faculty payroll, and managing faculty program within established budget parameters.
- Assessment includes current budget details.
- Contribute to the overall success of the College / School as a whole.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) required, Masters Preferred.
- Three or more years experience as a Director of Education for an accredited Career School OR four years experience as an Assistant Director of Education with an accredited Career School in the field of Allied Health, Criminal Justice or Information Technology.
- Four to seven years experience and/or training.
- Experience developing courses, managing accreditation outcomes and an understanding of pedagogy.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- The highest levels of integrity at all times.
- Persuasive communication skills, with an orientation toward results.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- An ongoing customer focus.
Benefits available for those who qualify include:
- Paid Time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- 401(k) Saving Plan
- Cash Balance Pension Plan
- Group Financial Planning/Group Legal Services
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Free or significantly discounted courses offered by Kaplan companies
- Matching charitable donations
- Various employees discounts for gym membership, theater tickets, cell phones, computers, subscriptions, etc.