Temporary-Technology Coordinator (CTD Summer) « Position Deleted on 6/18/2013 »
Full-time work June 18-August 13, 2013
Starting salary $2,800 per summer increasing to $3,000 per summer depending on CTD Summer Program experience
Please complete additional documents by going to:
http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/policies-forms/forms/hiring/index.htmland selecting (2013 Summer Staff Supplemental Application)
For any questions please contact: tcadministration(at)northwestern.edu
Job Summary: This position is for the Spark, Solstice, Spectrum, Equinox and Apogee Programs located in Evanston.
The Technology Coordinator works closely with CTD administrators, instructional and residential staff to provide technology support in classrooms and residential halls, and to set up and break down temporary computer labs. The Technology Coordinator works in collaboration with SESP IT and CTD Academic Office Managers (AOMs) and must respond promptly to support requests made by CTD instructors, staff, and students.
- Carefully review all program, site and staff materials provided by the Summer Program. Return all completed paperwork as requested;
- Attend staff training;
- Uphold and promote the CTD Honor Code;
- Follow all CTD rules and regulations concerning staff conduct, appropriate dress, program procedures, and other responsibilities as set forth in the staff handbook and by administrative staff;
- Assume program related responsibilities as requested by CTD administrative staff.
- Attend pre-session training and meet with NUIT and SESP personnel;
- Set up, break down, and provide technology support for CTD's Opportunities for the Future conference Saturday, June 29, 2013;
- Carry and keep a CTD-issued phone on at all times and respond to requests and emergencies during business hours;
- In coordination with the AOMs, respond promptly to requests for troubleshooting, NetID and password assistance, and general tech support as issues arise both in the classrooms and in the residence halls;
- Be available for computer and technology set up before, during, and after class as determined by CTD administrative staff and AOMs;
- Organize and implement computer lab schedules and deliver classroom technology supplies;
- Communicate with academic, residential, and administrative staff regarding student technology needs and problems, as well as scheduling needs;
- Log all tech support requests in a spreadsheet to track maintenance needs and volume;
- Set up and break down temporary computer labs in the academic buildings and residence halls;
- Supervise computer labs during class time, after class, and during study sessions;
- Schedule, deliver, and keep track of all CTD technology equipment.
Applicants should have an extensive knowledge of and keen interest in computer technology and audio-visual equipment and possess strong customer service skills. Tech/computer background required. Applicants should display strong organizational and problem solving skills and should be self-starters, motivated, flexible and adaptable, have a professional demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, and serve as role models for students and other staff members. Applicants should also exhibit a strong work ethic and commitment to teamwork. The Technology Coordinator must be able to lift and carry 40+ pounds. High school upperclassman, college or graduate students may apply.
How to Apply
This job is open for online applications.
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly believes in creating an environment that welcomes students, faculty and staff of all races, nationalities and religions. In doing so, we offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow in diverse communities preparing them for successful careers in an increasingly global and diverse work force.
For consideration, please click on the link below. You will be directed to Northwestern University's electronic recruiting system, eRecruit, where you will search and apply for current openings. To apply for this position in eRecruit, enter the Job Opening ID number in the appropriate search field. Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming submission of your resume. For all resumes received, if there is interest in your candidacy, the human resources recruiter or the department hiring manager will contact you.
Job Opening ID number for this position is #20462
Please include resume and cover letter with your application."Please email your Essay Response(s) and your Supplemental Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
"As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a
criminal background check prior to employment."
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: 12/17/2012