Online Full Time Faculty Philosophy and Ethics - PHI 105 « Position Deleted on 2/06/2013 »
|Institution:||Grand Canyon University|
|Posted:||01/29/2013 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 12/17/2012)|
Location: Tempe, AZ Office Location
Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University is one of Arizona's leading higher learning institutions. Based in Phoenix, the regionally accredited, private, non-denominational Christian university offers online and campus-based bachelors, masters and doctoral degree programs through the College of Doctoral Studies, Ken Blanchard College of Business, College of Education, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, College of Theology, College of Arts and Sciences, and College of Fine Arts and Production.
Is YOUR purpose to help our students find THEIR purpose?
If you think the purpose of an educator is to help students become contributing members of society, not only through teaching skills but through teaching abilities that last a lifetime, GCU may be the place for you!
Our collaborative student-focused teams of Enrollment, Academic/Finance Counselors, Faculty and Faculty Specialists work interdependently to engage and challenge students, promote positive experiences and assist students in overcoming personal, financial and academic obstacles.
We are looking for well-qualified, knowledgeable Full Time Online Faculty for the following courses:
PHI 105 21 st Century Skills: Critical thinking and Problem Solving
The Full Time Online Faculty develops and provides quality instruction which advances in specific disciplines associated with the individuals teaching assignment.
- Teaches one of more subjects within prescribed curriculum and encourages student success.
- Prepares and delivers competency-based online education and delivers online class instruction, providing theory and practice education; instructs and facilitates a meaningful learning experience of the course competencies in the curriculum.
- Through distance delivery mechanisms, ensures learning objectives are being met.
- Partners with Academic counselors to provide advisement to students.
- Stimulates class discussions and fosters and encourages an online culture of learning that values mutual responsibility, life-long learning, diversity and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
- As necessary, collaborates with team members to identify needs for and/or plans for interventions.
- Compiles, administers, and grades examinations or assigns this work to others.
- Contributes to a culture of learning.
- Highly knowledgeable about the subject matter for the specific course(s) assigned to teach, and maintains expertise in the subject area.
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience Philosophy and Ethics at a postsecondary level.
- Master's degree in Philosophy, Doctoral degree strongly preferred.
- Additional requirements depending on the subject matter taught in the class which may include directly related work experience.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to successfully adapt to an e-learning environment.
- Willingness to work in an accelerated learning format and to work online with students on a daily basis.
- Able to work Monday through Friday, 12 noon to 8 p.m.; Monday through Thursday 12 noon to 8 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. 5 p.m.; or Monday through Thursday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with availability on weekends for urgent student questions.
This full time faculty position will be located on site in the Tempe (Priest and Elliot) and/or the North Phoenix (I-17 and Peoria) locations. These are NOT telecommuting positions as the candidate must be able to work on-site in our Tempe office.
Grand Canyon University's exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan, Education Tuition Program of up to 100% of tuition costs and a generous holiday and paid time off package. For more information on our benefit programs, please click here.