Admissions Officer (3) « Position Deleted on 1/19/2013 »
DePaul University, the nation's largest Catholic University, is a private, urban institution with 6 campuses and more than 275 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The University's faculty, students and staff represent a wide range of ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds.
The Admissions Officer (3) will report to the Associate Director of Admission. This position will play a role in the implementation of recruitment strategies designed to attract and enroll an incoming class of an appropriate size and mix, as defined by University-wide enrollment goals and the University strategic plan. He/she will develop, implement and monitor ways to utilize technology and the recruitment of new students. The Admissions Officer (3) will counsel students regarding admission to DePaul, coordinate and participate in on-campus events and manage a recruitment territory.
The Admissions Officer (3) will also support the execution of a new and evolving DePaul University admission infrastructure; including: intra- and inter-University processes, an external communications strategy, campaign management, and management of prospective recruiting events; specifically for the newly-established graduate pathway admission program with an external medical and graduate sciences University. This new and emerging University strategic alliance will target high-ability prospective freshman that are interested in medical and health science degrees at our partner graduate University.
The Admissions Officer (3) will help maintain the relationship management activities among relevant senior faculty and AVP-level University administrators in the DePaul College of Science and Health, the DePaul Freshman Admission Office, and the external medical and graduate science University. He/she will also work closely with other DePaul University offices and offices at our external partner University to ensure their active strategic and tactical participation in the recruitment process.
This includes the facilitation of inter-University partnerships with the college offices, individual academic departments and those offices related to the first-year experience, pre-medical and graduate science degree advising, and partnership University graduate school admission office. This position will also be the point person in all activities regarding tracking pool-specific applicants for the pathway admission program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute targeted recruitment activities - strategies designed to attract and enroll a freshman class of an appropriate size and mix, as defined by University-wide enrollment goals and the University strategic plan.
- Manage a recruitment territory by maintaining contact with prospective students and their parents through the entire admission process through direct mailings, phone calls, high school visits, college nights, on campus events and other strategies.
- Review prospective student credentials, evaluate transcripts and make admission decisions consistent with University policies and priorities.
- Serve as a liaison to both internal and external faculty and staff involved in the development of a graduate pathway admission program.
- Coordinate the application and selection process for students eligible for these pathway programs and serve as an important link between DPU and the external partner University during this process.
- Work with students throughout the enrollment process and carry out duties to ensure that enrollment targets for the graduate applicant pool are met.
- Assist with the development of a specialized communications and recruitment campaign that will target high-ability incoming DPU freshman applicants who would be interested in the DPU CSH/external partner University graduate admission pathway.
- Facilitate the implementation of the communication plan and dialogue directly with students who express interest in this program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree.
- Minimum of two years direct and successful experience with marketing and/or recruiting practices.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of graduate admission practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and systems that support student recruitment and enrollment.
- Knowledge of higher education, academic programs and admission practices.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong counseling and group presentation skills.
- Creative and energetic person committed to working in a team environment.
- Ability to regularly spend extended periods of time standing.
- Ability to routinely lift more than 25 pounds.
- Ability to participate in a fast paced, creative, change oriented and success driven environment.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Position requires evening and weekend work, travel and use of personal vehicle.
- Travel between two traditional residential campuses.
- Master's degree.
- 2-4 years of college admission experience.
- Knowledge of medical school curriculum and programs in health sciences.
- Measurable project management experience and evidence of progressive responsibility.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and/or EMAS.
Salary & Benefits:
DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University's mission. Please click on the following link to review the full Benefits Summary. https://hr.depaul.edu/Benefits/index.html
Required Background Screening:
All final candidates extended an offer of employment will undergo background screening.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.