PeopleSoft Business Analyst - Senior « Position Deleted on 1/21/2013 »
DePaul University, the nation's largest Catholic university and one of the 10 largest private universities, is an urban institution with 6 campuses, more than 275 degree programs, and 25,000 students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
The PeopleSoft Business Analyst - Senior (HRIS) will report to the HR Operations Manager and will support the implementation of Human Resource Information Systems through analysis, development, design and testing activities. This individual will work independently to identify opportunities for improvements in efficiency and quality. The PeopleSoft Business Analyst - Senior will lead technical projects and system support activities that require advanced knowledge of the application and the business functions supported by the system.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with functional areas to identify and implement process improvements.
- Analyze business requirements and interpret business needs into technical solutions.
- Perform configuration analysis and identify areas for enhancement and automation.
- Actively consult with functional users to drive business process improvement and day-to-day support of business needs.
- Provide HR production support and resolve system failures related to daily processing, payroll support, and system testing.
- Research and identify root causes for problems and resolve.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of consistent and accurate documentation of system projects and issue resolutions, including payroll support.
- Analyze requirements for data requests, including development of ad hoc and complex reports.
- Identify when it is appropriate to standardize ad hoc reports for ongoing use.
- Select appropriate reporting tool to maximize efficiency of reporting activities.
- Develop data integrity reports and work with functional areas to educate and correct integrity issues through process improvement.
- Identify methods to improve data quality.
- Improve knowledge in best practices and new technologies for use with HR business goals and objectives.
- Lead technical projects, as assigned.
- Manage complex technology projects.
- Determine root causes of data or process issues and implement changes based on findings.
- Develop process or technology solutions aligned with strategic direction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5-8 years experience as a HRIS Analyst or related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft HRMS applications, preferably in higher education.
- Ability to review, analyze, and evaluate system and user needs.
- Solid requirements analysis and functional specification creation.
- Experience with process improvement, mapping, fit/gap analysis, setup and testing.
- Ability to balance the demands of new projects, maintenance and support, customer expectations and staff development.
- Awareness of current trends in HRMS.
- Ability to work consultatively with functional users.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, oversee and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop and execute complex queries and reports.
- Strong documentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Solid presentation experience.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft security.
- Ability to work extended hours, including weekends or evenings.
- Discretion and sensitivity to confidential information.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, HR or related discipline.
- Knowledge of process re-engineering and change management.
Salary & Benefits:
DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University's mission. Please click on the following link to review the full Benefits Summary. https://hr.depaul.edu/Benefits/index.html
Required Background Screening:
All final candidates extended an offer of employment will undergo background screening.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.