Adjunct Instructor - Medical Billing and Coding (15984-139) « Position Deleted on 1/23/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
The Sanford-Brown name dates back to 1866 when Rufus C. Crampton, a professor at Illinois College, established a school to meet the growing educational demands of post-Civil War America. Today, there are 9 campuses bearing the name Sanford-Brown College (SBC) and there are 16 other affiliated campuses operating under the names of Sanford-Brown Institute and Missouri College. At Sanford-Brown our goal is to meet the needs of students and employers by providing innovative, focused educational programs in a variety of fields that can help prepare students not just for a job, but also for a career. Sanford-Brown maintains a faculty of dedicated professionals whose goal is providing career-focused programs that can help our graduates achieve success in their chosen industries.
Our educational philosophy is based on delivering a focused educational experience to every student who shows a passion to succeed.
Sanford-Brown programs are geared toward learners who are seeking a solid foundation
in the knowledge and skills required to be successful in the field of their choice. We provide an enriching, supportive environment to better help students gain proficiency in their chosen area of study. Sanford-Brown classrooms, labs
and equipment are industry-current and instructors are dedicated professionals, many with vast working experience in their respective fields. The programs we offer are relevant to employers' needs and focus on areas that offer exciting employment opportunities.
Responsible for providing quality instruction to students through well prepared classes, relevant assignments, fair and holistic assessment of learning, clear documentation of student progress, and support of the academic success for at-risk students.
- Teach assigned courses
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons. Note preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in teaching that course
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus
- Provide Interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting
- Suitably challenge, engage, serve and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect
- Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis
- Respond to student questions on a timely basis
- Identify and refer at-risk students to specific academic support services
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Act as a substitute as needed
- Attend graduation ceremonies each year
- Where applicable, ensure safety and sanitation of all labs, equipment and supplies
- Post and maintain office and classroom schedules
- Participate in and provide feedback to institutional committees and reporting.
- Work with program chair and other appropriate groups on retention activities.
- Provide mentoring to new faculty
- Assist director of education in program evaluation and planning
- Attend regularly scheduled in-services and discipline specific professional development activities.
- Responsible to maintain credentials as required by accrediting councils/agencies and regulatory bodies
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Word and Outlook
- Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills, as demonstrated by: data sheet, diplomas, degrees, transcripts, certifications, CVs/Resumes, and personal interview.
- Must have obtained at least a conferred High School Diploma/GED from an accredited U.S. college/university or international equivalent, additional requirements driven by state licensing or accreditation considerations may apply. Associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of industry experience working in the Medical Billing and Coding or Medical Billing Administrative Specialist or a related healthcare field, with an additional two years of administrative or management experience.
- Field related certification/credentials required such as CPC-Certified Professional Coder via AAPC, CCA-Certified Coding Associate via AHIMA, CCS-P - Certified Coding Specialist-Physician-based via AHIMA Preferred. CMA, RHIA, RHIT or CMRS certification (provided by the American Medical Billing Association) also acceptable with the appropriate Medical Billing Administrative Specialist experience.
- Candidate will also be required to complete a satisfactory background check.