Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant Preschool Teacher « Position Deleted on 2/05/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Child Care Development Center)
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
1. Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
2. Order "Official" transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
- A job posting qualification requiring a Ph.D. requires an official transcript from the institution awarding the Ph.D. degree, and the transcript must be mailed from the awarding institution directly to the Shaw University Human Department.
- A job posting qualification requiring a high school diploma requires a high school transcript or G.E.D. from the issuing institution.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of both (1) a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening AND (2) mailed receipt of a candidate's official transcript(s) directly from the awarding institution, then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
Shaw University Center for Early Childhood Education (Center) is in collaboration with Wake County Smart Start/NC Pre K to expand services to children ages 4 to 5 years. The Preschool Teacher position will be responsible for providing educational activities to preschool children in a quality center environment with programs aimed at preparing them for kindergarten.
- Child Development Associate Certificate in Education or NC Childcare Credentials I and II
- NC Early Educator Certification
- Experience with both preschool and infant centers.
- Experience with NC Child Care Licensing and Requirements.
- Experience with NAYEC Accreditation.
- Experience with State and Federal funding for child care programs
- First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Bachelor's degree in early Childhood Education from an accredited institution of higher learning or a related discipline.
- Present course teachings in such a way that students are encouraged to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, to increase motivation, to develop a positive self-image, and to clarify their values.
- Assumes responsibility for planning and implementing a model instructional program for preschoolers.
- Plans and implements individualized daily routines and curriculum for preschoolers in the classroom.
- Participates in the development and implementation of individualized goals for each preschool child during the school year.
- Ability to establish appropriate limits for children and enforce them in a positive manner.
- Work collaboratively with a diverse population.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to students.
- Effectively manages the classroom environment
- Ensures adequate supervision to assure health, welfare and safety of all students
- Develops, maintains and submits accurate, timely, and complete records, forms, reports, requests, etc.
- Maintains effective collegial communication, professional interaction, and functional relations within center.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and compliance with all University policies and procedures.
- Actively pursues scholarly activities and development; remains current in the applicable field.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer