Associate Director of Executive Development 20447 « Position Deleted on 1/20/2013 »
About Northwestern University:
Northwestern University is a private research university located on lakefront campuses in both Evanston and downtown Chicago, Illinois. Northwestern was founded in 1851. In fall 2008, Northwestern opened another campus in Doha, Qatar offering bachelor's degrees in journalism and communications in partnership with the Qatar Foundation.
The university employs approximately 7,100 full-time faculty and staff members among its 11 schools and colleges. NU offers over 130 undergraduate programs and 70 graduate and professional programs to the almost 16,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students enrolled full time.
Northwestern University is committed to excellent teaching, innovative research, and the personal and intellectual growth of its students in a diverse academic community.
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a career at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional and personal excellence.
Currently, we have a career opportunity as an Associate Director of Executive Development.
The Associate Director, Executive Development is responsible for the development and maintenance of key corporate partnerships with Kellogg Executive Education. The partnerships will result in the creation of partner programs between the clients and Executive Education as well as open enrollment and degree program participation by the clients.
This critical role:
- Identify and call on prospective clients including corporations, government entities, associations, and other organizations to cultivate strong client relationships and build a portfolio of clientele
- Collaborate with academic directors, program directors, program managers, program specialists, and faculty for successful pursuit and delivery of executive education business. to assure profitable growth aligned with Kellogg's mission and values
- Support the implementation of the Kellogg Executive Education strategy by coordinating with the Sr. Director, Executive Development, Senior Director of Executive Education, and the Director of Operations to identify market opportunities and trends in educational services.
- Develop and respond to requests for proposals, presentations, and negotiations of contracts for Executive Education Programs.
- Master's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Outstanding strategic consultative selling skills and at least 5-8 years of experience in business-to-business sales.
- Excellent knowledge of business functions (marketing, finance, accounting, operations) and business strategy.
- A background in organization development, executive training, consulting, and development experience helpful.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills with superior customer service skills.
- Ability to interact well with program participants (executives) and to interface at all levels of the Kellogg organization, including all areas of Kellogg Executive Education and with Kellogg faculty.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative along with a strong ability to work in a team and matrix-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills including presentation and writing skills and excellent ability to communicate with senior executives.
- Strong ability to distill complex academic information into consumer-friendly marketing communications.
- Strong analytical skills needed to conduct market and strategic analysis as well as assessing the impact of business development initiatives.
- Strong attention to detail and well-organized with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- The position will involve extensive travel and onsite client visits.
- MBA preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in business development, consultative selling, professional services markets in business-to-business markets.
- Strong skill set in understanding and communicating business issues and objectives.
Beyond being a place to learn and grow professionally, Northwestern is an exciting and fulfilling place to work! Northwestern offers many benefit options to full and part-time employees including: competitive compensation; excellent retirement plans; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; dependent care match; vacation, sick and holiday pay; professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
Northwestern greatly values work/life balance amongst its employees. Take advantage of recreational, cultural, and enrichment opportunities on campus. Employees also receive access to childcare solutions, retail discounts, and other work/life balance resources.
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly believes in creating an environment that welcomes students, faculty and staff of all races, nationalities and religions. In doing so, we offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow in diverse communities preparing them for successful careers in an increasingly global and diverse work force.
For consideration, please click on the link below. You will be directed to Northwestern University's electronic recruiting system, eRecruit, where you will search and apply for current openings. To apply for this position in eRecruit, enter the Job Opening ID number in the appropriate search field. Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming submission of your resume. For all resumes received, if there is interest in your candidacy, the human resources recruiter or the department hiring manager will contact you. Job Opening ID number for this position is 20447.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.