Job Seekers, Sign In
Director, Business Development « Position Deleted on 12/25/2012 »
|Institution:||Laureate Global Products and Services - Baltimore|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs
The Business Development Director will be responsible for oversight of the team of regional business development managers based around the world, primarily in the Caribbean, Latin America and Canada. The position will provide leadership and tactical implementation within the team to grow the business of Walden University and the University of Liverpool's online programs. The Director will work with the regional team to identify new business opportunities, cultivate and manage those relationships and finalize terms and conditions which will benefit the organization. The Director will also work with the Marketing team to ensure effective delivery of all local field activities, including establishment of a flow of regional intelligence to other parts of the business responsible for reaching potential students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides day-to-day management and support of the regional business development team members.
- Develops business analyses related to international markets.
- Conducts market and competitor assessments; identifies and evaluates potential international business opportunities and partnerships.
- Works with the team to develop pipeline for business deals; determines structure and terms for business opportunities.
- Cultivates long-term business relationships; identifies and secures profitable long-term engagements.
- Working with the regional team members, identifies, pursues and develops relationships with corporations, associations, governments etc. which would benefit from a partnership with our organization
- Ensures continuous maintenance of multiple level relationships within prospective in-country organizations to pursue new business growth opportunities
- Responsible for developing team's skills and abilities to source, build and maintain new business opportunities
- Advocates short-term, long-term and strategic needs within the organization.
- Serves as an expert representative of our organization to external audiences and internally within the organization
- Cooperates with other Laureate staff and/or entities in the region to plan appropriate and strategic development efforts for all Laureate university degree programs
- Provides business intelligence back to central marketing department to support identification of additional sales, marketing and new product opportunities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years' experience managing teams, with demonstrated ability to manage and motivate remotely
- At least a Bachelor's, Master's preferred in Business Administration, International Relations or a related field
- Business Development and/or sales experience with demonstrated results
- Must be extremely well-organized and attentive to detail.
- Strong written and verbal skills are imperative, as is facility with technology and mediated communication.
- Experience living and working in a different culture
- Requires Travel