Job Seekers, Sign In
Program Coordinator, Baltimore « Position Deleted on 2/20/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Maryland College Park - Robert H. Smith School of Business|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsProgram Coordinator, Baltimore
Position Number: 109856
Full-Time, Regular Exempt
One of 12 schools and colleges located on the University of Maryland, College Park campus, the Smith School is a recognized leader in management research and education for the global economy. A comprehensive business school, Smith offers undergraduate, full-time and part-time MBA, Executive MBA, PhD, and non-degree executive education programs as well as outreach services to the corporate community. The school is consistently ranked among the top business schools by leading business publications such as U.S. News & World Report, Financial Times, Business Week, and The Wall Street Journal.
This position is responsible for academic advising, program delivery and event management for the MBA and MS programs at the Baltimore Campus, creating a customer service framework, and supporting the logistical requirements of the Baltimore Evening MBA programs. This position is located at the Baltimore campus at the UMB BioPark. This position requires evening and weekend work, typically 3-4 nights a week and 1-2 Saturdays a month. The final schedule, whoever, will depend on semester class schedules.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors degree required.
1-2 years progressive professional experience in a corporate environment.
1-2 years experience coordinating events, conferences or management training programs.
Additional knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Mature judgment.
- Proven ability to integrate ideas and concepts.
- Proven ability to make effective use of time, plan ahead, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Highly developed organizational and computer skills, strict attention to details.
- Friendly, flexible, service-oriented manner.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with faculty, corporate clients, executives and staff.
- Proven ability to respond positively to extreme pressures of time and workload.
- Proven ability in oral and written communications.
- Ability to work in a highly independent manner at times across functions within the school.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends. (typically 3-4 four nights per week and 1-2 weekend days per month)
- Ability to travel to College Park, Baltimore and Washington DC campuses.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience. The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 22 Days Annual Leave; 15 Days Sick Leave; 3 Days Personal Leave; 15 Paid Holidays; Tuition Remission; Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage.
When applying, please upload a PDF version of your cover letter, resume and list of references. The deadline to apply for this position is January 11, 2013.
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. No H1-B Visa sponsorship offered for this position.
For more information about the University of Maryland, please visit www.maryland.edu.
For information about the Robert H. Smith School of Business, visit our Web site at www.rhsmith.umd.edu.
The University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.