Job Seekers, Sign In
Graphic Designer and Publications Coordinator « Position Deleted on 3/12/2013 »
|Institution:||Dickinson State University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$32,000 to $34,000 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThis person is responsible for the hands-on operation of Dickinson State University's electronic and print publishing program. The individual is responsible to work independently and in consultation with the executive director and associate director in the production of publications and marketing materials and other promotional materials. This involves photography, publishing for the DSU website and working with external design, print and production vendors.
- Bachelor's degree or associate's degree in the field of Journalism, Communications, Graphic Art or related field.
- Two year experience in production/design with extensive knowledge of electronic publishing
- Requires an imaginative flair and ability to translate that flair into creative and effective design for a wide variety of publications and marketing materials
- Awareness of current trends in the visual arts
- Possess working knowledge of the latest industry computer software (Macintosh compatible)
- Professional understanding of material costs and production timelines
- Ability to produce superior design work using PageMaker, InDesign, Photoshop, Quark Express, Adobe Illustrator and/or similar design software.
Dickinson State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action institution that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, gender or handicap in its admissions, employment practices, educational programs or other activities. Inquiries regarding employment of the affirmative action program may be directed to Affirmative Action, Dickinson State University, Dickinson, ND 58601-4896.