Director of Utilities « Position Deleted on 3/29/2013 »
|Location:||West Lafayette, IN|
|Posted:||12/28/2012 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 05/25/2012)|
Purdue University is currently accepting applications for a Director of Utilities position. The Director of Utilities provides leadership for the operations and stewardship roles of the Purdue District Energy System that includes Combined Heat & Power, Utilities Operations, and Utilities Engineering groups. Heat and Power operates and maintains the Wade Utility and NW satellite chilling plant facilities. Steam, chilled water and a portion of campus electric supply is produced in the Utility Plants managed and operated by the Heat & Power group. The Utilities Operations Group is comprised of High Voltage, Utility Distribution and Water Works teams. Utility Engineering group directs the activities of the operation planning, operational engineering and technical support services for the utilities organization. For more information about this position, please go to the following link: http://www.purdue.edu/ees/
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- A combination of five (5) plus years of experience in energy management, engineering, power plant administration, supervision and operations of which at least five (5) years shall have been in a managerial capacity.
- Working knowledge of steam, chilled water, water, and hot water generation and distribution systems.
- Experience in operating and maintaining a traditional fossil fired power plant.
- Experience in managing a District Energy System.
- Experience in operating and maintaining a combustion turbine based power plant.
- Ability to foster a safe and cooperative work environment.
- Must possess a demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of the utilities business and the forces affecting it.
- Line management experience with a proven track record of safety excellence, solid judgment, decision making, budget management, and environmental stewardship.
- Proven track record of leadership and creating an environment of employee involvement and continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively motivate and influence others.
- Ability to interface and effectively work with various groups and cultures.
- Individual must balance multiple competing priorities, meet deadlines, be responsive and thrive in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and strategic mind.
- Willingness to foster and incorporate change.
- Excellent human relations and leadership skills and the ability to function in a team environment.
- Decision maker.
- Self driven, results-orientated with a positive outlook and clear focus.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license in a related discipline.
- Experience with electrical generation.
- Working knowledge of energy management and conservation principles.
- Cogeneration experience.
- Normal work week is Monday thru Friday maintaining a 24/7, 365 day power generation operation for the University.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- Valid Indiana Driver's License required.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Fidelity Immediately.