Job Seekers, Sign In
Admissions Counselor « Position Deleted on 1/08/2013 »
|Institution:||William Peace University|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsAdmissions Counselor
William Peace University, located in Raleigh, North Carolina, seeks applicants for a full-time Admissions Counselor for our Admissions and Recruitment Office. The duties and responsibilities include recruiting and counseling prospective first year and transfer students, applicants and families. Admissions Counselors coordinate and represent William Peace University through attendance at recruiting events, and contact with high school and community college guidance counselors. The Admissions Counselor closely manages an applicant pool and makes decisions on completed applications in a timely manner. As well, the Admissions Counselor must be creative, self-motivated, capable of, and interested in, generating their own inquiries and applications, and ensuring that all individuals interested in the University are provided with the best service possible. The Admissions Counselor must enjoy interacting with diverse groups of students, parents, guidance counselors, as well as with all staff and faculty. The counselor must be comfortable speaking with both small and large groups of people, and with travel which may require overnight stays.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college/university.
- 1 - 2 years of experience with college admissions processes or other higher education offices or professional experience in marketing or sales.
- Experience in a position that required excellent oral and written communication skills, outstanding organizational skills, ability to consistently meet deadlines and handle information confidentially, self-motivation, and ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and car insurance.
- Availability for evening and weekend work as well as overnight travel.
- Experience with William Peace University Admissions' procedures
- Cover letter, resume/CV, contact information for three professional references
- Application (found here: http://www.peace.edu/files/humanresources/William_Peace_University_Employment_Application.pdf)
Deadline for Submission: Monday, January 7, 2013