Program Assistant 1 19982 « Position Deleted on 2/03/2013 »
About Northwestern University:
Northwestern University is a private research university located on lakefront campuses in both Evanston and downtown Chicago, Illinois. Northwestern was founded in 1851. In fall 2008, Northwestern opened another campus in Doha, Qatar offering bachelor's degrees in journalism and communications in partnership with the Qatar Foundation.
The university employs approximately 7,100 full-time faculty and staff members among its 11 schools and colleges. NU offers over 130 undergraduate programs and 70 graduate and professional programs to the almost 16,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students enrolled full time.
Northwestern University is committed to excellent teaching, innovative research, and the personal and intellectual growth of its students in a diverse academic community.
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a career at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional and personal excellence.
Currently, we have a career opportunity as a Program Assistant 1.
The Program Assistant conducts outreach directly to Latino cancer survivors utilizing Livestrong navigation services. This position makes periodic phone or interpersonal contact with each Latino cancer survivor at 2, 4, and 8 weeks to identify, and if possible address additional gaps in their cancer survivorship needs. The Program Assistant submits regular performance reports of their activities in the community to their local supervisor who will forward them to the national office.
This position provides standard and routine clerical and administrative support for the Department of Medical Social Sciences. This may include word processing, data entry, ordering supplies, opening and sorting mail, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones, greeting visitors, providing information, and/or scheduling meetings. Strong communication skills are essential as is a willingness to solve problems independently.
This position does require a bilingual candidate (English/Spanish).
This critical role:
- Prepares and types form letters, simple memos, emails, labels, routine correspondence, etc.;
- Types, copies and distributes reports, proposals, presentations, etc.;
- Proofs for spelling and grammar;
- Enters information into spreadsheets and databases;
- Conducts outreach directly with participants;
- Focuses efforts in a community setting;
- Maintains direct contact with supervisor and provides weekly updates;
- Maintains inventory and orders general office supplies;
- Resolves payment and delivery problems;
- Processes petty cash, travel and parking reimbursements, grant expenses, invoice payments, etc.;
- Creates and processes reimbursements for travel expenses;
- Monitors & distributes petty cash;
- Processes invoices & purchases requisitions;
- Coordinates fund distribution among multiple sponsors and clinical sites;
- Prepares institutional forms and verifies information;
- Makes appointments and may complete registration and travel arrangements for faculty;
- Schedules rooms and arranges for routine technology and refreshments for faculty and department meetings;
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- A high school diploma or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired;
- 1 year of administrative support experience;
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
Beyond being a place to learn and grow professionally, Northwestern is an exciting and fulfilling place to work! Northwestern offers many benefit options to full and part-time employees including: competitive compensation; excellent retirement plans; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; dependent care match; vacation, sick and holiday pay; professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
Northwestern greatly values work/life balance amongst its employees. Take advantage of recreational, cultural, and enrichment opportunities on campus. Employees also receive access to childcare solutions, retail discounts, and other work/life balance resources.
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly believes in creating an environment that welcomes students, faculty and staff of all races, nationalities and religions. In doing so, we offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow in diverse communities preparing them for successful careers in an increasingly global and diverse work force.
For consideration, please click on the link below. You will be directed to Northwestern University's electronic recruiting system, eRecruit, where you will search and apply for current openings. To apply for this position in eRecruit, enter the Job Opening ID number in the appropriate search field. Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming submission of your resume. For all resumes received, if there is interest in your candidacy, the human resources recruiter or the department hiring manager will contact you. Job Opening ID number for this position is 19982.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.