Job Seekers, Sign In
Senior Mac/PC Desktop Technician « Position Deleted on 1/17/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Baltimore|
|Salary:||$49,000 to $54,000 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsSenior Mac/PC Desktop Technician
Office of Technology Services
University of Baltimore
Vacancy Number 300282
Regular full-time exempt full-time position with full, competitive benefits package
Salary: $49,000 - $54,000
Documents must be received by January 16, 2013
The Senior Mac/PC Desktop Technician will initiate and support a Mac and PC environment, solving a wide range of application and technical problems, demonstrating superior problem solving skills and a unique combination of customer service, communication, and technical abilities.
This senior level position requires the most experienced technical staff. Under general supervision, use technical knowledge to develop integrated solutions and solve complex hardware/software issues that are varied and critical to user operations. Interface with users to evaluate and recommend future IT needs with the purpose of improving current systems and technology. Technical experience that includes maintenance, repair, upgrades, enhancements, and configuration of hardware, software and operating systems in a networked environment (Mac and PC) is essential to success in this role.
Job Goals and Objectives:
- Improve UB's reputation with the student population on being customer centric.
- Improve the customers' day-to-day experience by showing concern and being more efficient.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Apple operating systems, create/maintain images, resolve software/hardware issue and mobile computing.
- Knowledge of integrating Apple operating systems in a Mac OS Server and Active Directory environment
- Understands the organization's goal and develops solutions that are aligned with the goals.
- Investigates and resolves complex technical problems.
- Evaluates and identifies current and future software/hardware configurations, protocols, and enterprise standards.
- Pursues and maintains technical certifications related to the position.
- Acts as technical expert for campus technical staff, external consultants and contractors.
- Serves in a lead role on Mac issues, providing guidance and training to call center and desktop support staff
- Performs additional related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related area required. A minimum of 4 years of current work experience with desktop hardware and software support in professional network environment also required.
Expected Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A+ certification
- Experience VBS and Batch scripting
- Experience with SCCM
- Apple Server Essentials Certification
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) or Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT)
- Experience with Macintosh image deployment
- Experience with Apple client and server operating systems
- Experience with implementing Mac OS systems in an Active Directory environment
- Experience supporting current and legacy Mac OS and Apple hardware (Mac Book Air, Mac Book Pro)
- Communicates effectively.
- Comprehensive technical expertise related to position.
- Ability to provide guidance and assistance to less experienced staff and clients.
- Ability to provide technical advice for long range strategy and policy development.
- Requires skills in network operations and topologies.
- Ability to prioritize.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.