Job Seekers, Sign In
Theater Production Technician #S03690 « Position Deleted on 1/24/2013 »
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs
Job Title: Theater Production Technician
Position #: S03690
Salary: $22.24 to $30.02 per hour
Online applications must be received by Wednesday, January 23, 2013.
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, Robert E. Parilla Performing Arts Center (PAC), has need for a full-time Theater Production Technician # S03690 This position works 40 hours per week to cover events as scheduled, including day, evening, weekend, and overtime hours as required.
Job Summary: This position provides technical support for Academic events and productions, Student Life events, community rentals, Summer Dinner Theater, the Guest Artist and Saturday Morning Children s Series, the stage productions and concerts of the Departments of Music and Speech, Dance and Theater. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide lighting design, sound, and rigging support
- Provide technical direction on the operations and proper production methods of the PAC equipment
- Provide stage management, production management, and stage hand services to all user groups.
- Ensure all equipment is properly maintained
- Schedule and perform preventive maintenance for all equipment
- Schedule safety inspections for all equipment
- Prepare and update event records
- Foster positive, interactive relationships with all user groups
- Interact with all user groups for planning purposes
- Coordinate and train temporary staff
- An Associate degree or a combination of education, training, and experience providing understanding of the field
- Working knowledge of lighting and sound design, carpentry, rigging, chain motors, power and hand tools, hydraulic lifts, electrical systems, and theatrical computer systems.
- OSHA required training certifications for use in Aerial Lifts & Fall Protection. Applicants who do not possess OSHA certifications can be considered with the understanding that they must obtain their certifications within 12 months of employment in order to continue employment
- Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a busy environment
- Ability to perform physically demanding work, which includes sitting, walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, pulling/pushing, stair climbing, ladder climbing, climbing while handling equipment, and working at heights of 30 feet or more, on ladders or on lifts, while wearing safety harnesses.
- Able to lift equipment and material weighing a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Three years experience in theatrical lighting, sound, video, and rigging as well as an overall familiarity with theatrical environments
- A valid Driver s License
- Familiarity with theatrical software, MA and ETC lighting consoles, digital sound consoles, and basic production or theatrical audio principles
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience supervising students
- Online applications must be received by Wednesday, January 23, 2013.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
For consideration, you must:
- include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
- failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position, and
- e-sign your application (Step 9)
- Completion of a background check
- Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree; high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is a dynamic, diverse institution, with students from over 170 countries, located in a diverse county of nearly one million residents. Montgomery College is committed to equal opportunity.
Montgomery College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a diverse academic community among its student body, faculty, and staff.