Resident Director-2 positions « Position Deleted on 3/05/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Nevada, Reno|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
The University of Nevada, Reno is seeking dynamic and diverse candidates for multiple live-in Resident Director positions. Resident Directors are responsible for training, supervising, and evaluating 7-16 resident assistants and desk staff. Duties also include leadership development, student conduct, advising in our academic intervention program, teaching opportunities, administrative tasks and on-call duties. We offer a very competitive salary starting at $30,663 for 12-month contract in addition to furnished apartment, meal plan during the academic year, and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Master's Degree or a Bachelor's Degree and one year of experience to include:
- o Administration, student development, management and supervision
o Planning and implementation of programs that support departmental goals
o One academic year of live-in experience in residence hall administration
experience in two of the following areas:
-Resident Assistant selection/training/evaluation, hall government advising and programming,
judicial board advising, publications, substance abuse education, housing maintenance, room assignments, general business/administrative
functions, or conferences.
- Masters Degree preferred in college student development, student personnel, counseling, or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience with Living Learning Centers and/or Special Interest Housing.
- Skills essential to this position include: organization, supervision, intervention, emergency response, verbal and written communication, public relations, decision making, advising, counseling, and creativity.
- Primary to one's ability to succeed in this position is the ability to be flexible and adapt to an unusual and changing environment.
- Must be fiscally responsible and administratively sound.
For more information on our department and the Resident Director position, please visit our website: http://www.unr.edu/housing/employment
Please seehttp://jobs.unr.edu/ for complete position announcement and requirements.
Apply online at https://www.unrsearch.com/postings/12122
Closing Date: Open until filled. For best consideration, apply by February 25, 2013.
Reno/Sparks is a community of 337,000 located at the base of the majestic Sierra Nevada Mountains within minutes of scenic Lake Tahoe.
EEO/AA. Women and under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.