Job Seekers, Sign In
Research Analyst - Development « Position Deleted on 1/23/2013 »
|Institution:||University at Buffalo|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPosting Number: 1300015
Applications for this position will only be accepted online. To apply, please visit:
The Research Analyst is responsible for supporting the University at Buffalo's major and planned gifts prospecting program for individuals, corporations and foundations under the direction of the Director of Prospect Research and Development Services. The analyst will work closely with research colleagues and development professionals in implementing a major and planned gifts prospect identification and qualification program. The analyst should be highly skilled at generating qualitative and quantitative data and trend analysis in support of the development and success of fundraising programs. The analyst is also responsible for supporting and coordinating the use of the university's prospect and donor records, both hard copy and electronic, to create analytical research profiles on prospects, to provide analysis of the gift capabilities of those within the donor database and to act as a resource for development staff. The analyst is expected to respect the confidential nature of the position at all times.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in
- Strong analytical skills.
- Electronic database experience
- Excellent communication skills, including oral,
face-to-face, written and computer proficiency.
- Proficiency with Windows XP (Access, Excel and Word).
- Experience searching
online databases and Internet.
- Experience managing deadline-driven multiple and diverse tasks.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in prospect research for a fundraising operation,
- Experience in writing logical, detailed and analytical reports with a high degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge of information segmentation utilizing a database.
The University at Buffalo is an Equal Opportunity Institution.
The University at Buffalo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.