Job Seekers, Sign In
Director, Institutional Inquiry and Analysis « Position Deleted on 3/02/2013 »
|Institution:||Salt Lake Community College|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJob Summary: Under the direction of the Assistant Provost:
Build a culture of data informed inquiry at SLCC. Direct and facilitate intentional cross-College work around institutional effectiveness assessment, NWCCU accreditation standards, program review, and initiative evaluation.
Oversee institutional assessment and accreditation activities including: cross-college coordination, communication, tracking and reporting of institutional-level planning/assessment/improvement processes.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide leadership in collecting and analyzing data regarding institutional effectiveness, strategic planning, and compliance with accreditation standards.
- Institute and coordinate assessment processes that support and demonstrate the continuous improvement of services and programs across the College.
- In collaboration with IR, assist College Councils and departments with the selection and interpretation of data to inform planning decisions and assess institutional and departmental initiatives.
- Create and maintain web-based Institutional Effectiveness dashboards of data and metrics to inform progress on Core Theme and institutional planning
- Work with academic departments to conduct program review meeting both Utah System of Higher Education Regents requirements, and the institutional need for meaningful formative and summative assessment of academic programs.
- Manage the communication and collection of information and data relative to SLCC compliance with NWCCU accreditation standards.
- Oversee the production of NWCCU accreditation reports.
- Provide support and supervision for the College Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Coordinator.
Create web-based graphic dashboards and written technical reports on Institutional Effectiveness performance metrics for internal and external stakeholders.
Coordinate processes for the communication, tracking and reporting of institutional-level planning/assessment/improvement activities.
Direct the collection and interpretation of data from across the College to assess institutional effectiveness. Work with College Councils, committees and IR Office to indentify, analyze and synthesize data to help plan and assess initiatives to advance strategic priorities and the College mission.
Refine and direct SLCC's academic program review process to provide formative (annual) and summative (five-year) program assessment.
Provide supervision for the Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Coordinator.
Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership or Policy, Educational Research, Educational Assessment and Planning, or related field.
- Five years experience, with progressive responsibility, in higher education administration, institutional planning/research, assessment, accreditation, or related area.
- Facilitate College inquiry groups through processes of data analysis and synthesis to advance and evaluate institutional and program effectiveness.
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Explain and interpret NWCCU standards for College personnel.
- Lead and organize group work for accountability reporting to external constituents.
- Communicate effectively and persuasively with people from all areas of the college.
- Coordinate multiple activities and processes concurrently.
- Be knowledgeable of NWCCU accreditation standards.
- Work well under pressure, be flexible, adaptable and establish rapport easily.
- Produce professional documents and presentations.
- Use web content management systems to produce and maintain institutional effectiveness web pages under SLCC web publishing guidelines.
- Write technical reports with content provided by multiple College departments.
- Use analytic software packages to produce professional graphs, charts and dashboards to communicate data effectively.
- Provide leadership and supervision for Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Coordinator.
Non-essential Responsibilities and Duties: Serve on various college-wide committees.
Special Instructions: Salt Lake Community College will conduct a background check on the successful candidate.
This position has a priority review date of 10/05/2012. All applicants that apply on or prior to this date will be considered. All applicants that apply after this date will only be reviewed if no candidate is found from those that applied on or prior to the review date.
Salt Lake Community College is an equal opportunity institution providing educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.