Nursing Faculty « Position Deleted on 3/10/2013 »
|Institution:||University of St. Francis|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
The University of St. Francis, a Catholic, Franciscan institution in Joliet, Illinois, invites applications for two full-time Assistant Professors of Nursing. These tenure-track positions are available for August, 2013.
The College of Nursing offers CCNE accredited undergraduate and graduate programs as well as a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree. We serve traditional aged and adult students through a variety of learning formats.
The university is located in a residential neighborhood 35 miles southwest of Chicago with satellite locations in downtown Joliet, IL and Albuquerque, NM. The surrounding Chicagoland area offers robust park and recreation resources, major league sports, cultural arts, museums, festivals, shopping, restaurants, and two major airports.
These are full-time, nine-month contract positions, August - May, with a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Responsibilities include teaching 12 credit hours per semester of upper and lower division courses; academic advising; clinical supervision of students; ongoing scholarly activity; and participation in committee work, public service and professional organizations.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Work is performed in classroom and office settings with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Substantial time is spent working on a computer. This is sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: sitting, walking, bending, stooping, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field
- Master's degree in nursing
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse license
- Family Nurse Practitioner certification
- Successful teaching experience
- Potential for leadership within the institution, profession and community
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
- A willingness to support the Catholic and Franciscan values of the university
- Established record of effective teaching, research, service, and professional experience
- Expertise in the use of technology and web-based nursing education