Sr Systems & Network Administrator « Position Deleted on 4/21/2013 »
|Institution:||TCS Education System|
Founded in 2009, TCS Education System is a nonprofit enterprise built on the premise that business success and social impact need not be mutually exclusive. Operating as an efficient business with a mission clearly rooted in advancing the greater good, the system includes: a network of specialized institutions that offer an effective approach to higher education; early childhood and K-12 schools that deliver progressive, evidence-based curriculum to change the face of childhood education in our nation; a foundation that attracts charitable contributions to support our schools and their social change endeavors; and more. Our ongoing business success coupled with our social change mission unifies our organization and distinguishes TCS Education System from any other educational system today.
We are currently searching for a Sr. Systems and Network Administrator to join our Chicago Office.
The Senior Systems and Network Administrator will manage the operation and maintenance of production servers and network infrastructure in support of the school's voice, data and video systems. Administrator will oversee the operation of network security and firewall systems. Administrator will undertake management of complex projects relating to administration and the maintenance and development of the network and production servers. Administrator will also lead the implementation of future development and enhancements to the network and remote access systems.
- Lead the administration of Exchange 2007/2010.
- Troubleshoot Exchange clusters, deploy Exchange 2010
- Manage e-mail gateway and servers including virus and spam controls.
- Manage VMware environment with regard to Exchange.
- Deploy and maintain voice communications systems as related to Exchange
- Manage projects to install and upgrade production servers, voice systems, and network infrastructure.
- Investigate and resolve server and network problems.
- Monitor system and security log files.
- Perform and coordinate network security audits.
- Investigate and provide remedies for security incidents.
- Oversee the administration of system backups for production servers.
- Manage testing of network and server recovery procedures.
- Manage system capacity planning including bandwidth, redundancy, disk space, memory, and processing capacity on production networks, servers and storage systems.
- Coordinate the development and review of network services with other areas of the IT team to continually increase customer satisfaction.
- Keep abreast of policy and procedural changes as they pertain to network services; develop and review procedures for routine network maintenance tasks.
- Help address other day to day support needs as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Director of Network Operations.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational & support skills
- Detail oriented when troubleshooting
- Understanding of "best practice" methods when implementing solutions.
- Ability to design emergency workarounds to resolve issues.
- Ability to research solutions to network configuration issues
- Understanding of correct procedures for implementing changes.
- Strong technological knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of MS Exchange & Active Directory.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- In-depth knowledge of Internet Domain Name Service (DNS).
- In-depth knowledge of SMTP mail and HTTP services.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS.
- In depth experience troubleshooting e-mail routing and formatting problems.
- In-depth knowledge of Internet firewall security techniques.
- Experience with remote access VPN technology including IPSEC and SSL
- In-depth knowledge of Unix is desirable
- In-depth knowledge of encryption and authentication methods including SSL certificates, private key and public/private key encryption protocols.
- Experience with interpreting O.S. scripting languages such as PowerShell.
- Experience with backup software solutions.
- Three or more years experience as a principal administrator of a mixed Windows/Unix network.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative to seek problem solutions.
- Communicates effectively with clients, team members, and vendors.
- Communicates technological information to all members of the school population using non-jargon terminology
- Ability to accept performance feedback and implement suggestions.
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Applications support
- Client services
- Availability when not in office to respond quickly to emergencies.
- Basic knowledge of other team member functions
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds of computer equipment
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or a computer-related field or the equivalent course work or technical training.
- 5 years progressive experience in a computer-related field as well as specific experience with standard project management methodologies.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance , retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
For more information about TCS Education System and our affiliates visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.