Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant Vice President for Enrollment « Position Deleted on 2/08/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsAurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Assistant Vice President for Enrollment supports learning by developing and implementing specific enrollment initiatives in order to enhance efficiencies and effectiveness in the enrollment enterprise. Has responsibility for overseeing enrollment into May Term, Summer School and other sub-populations as assigned. Serves as an integral part of the enrollment leadership team. Reports to the Vice President for Enrollment.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Oversees all May Term and Summer School enrollment operations including marketing materials, course selections and budget considerations.
- Manages the expense budgets for all of enrollment including reviewing all grant-in-aid budgets. Works with Enrollment Directors to set enrollment revenue budgets.
- Oversees the development of the CRM and the subsequent training.
- Supervises enrollment vendor relationships.
- Develops a more efficient freshmen and transfer visit program including overnight visits.
- Oversees the enrollment processes involved in international recruiting.
- Supports all online enrollment initiatives.
- Serves as a member of the enrollment leadership.
- Supervises the Enrollment Communication Specialist and works closely with University Communications.
- Manages special enrollment projects as assigned.
- Supervises non-exempt undergraduate enrollment personnel.
- Assists with communication between academic deans and the Office of Admission.
- Assists in university outreach to the community where appropriate.
- Master's degree required.
- Five to eight years of experience in higher education essential.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; customer-service orientation.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and parents and to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, students, and the general public.
- Flexibility with an evolving work situation. Knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing systems; knowledge of Datatel preferred.
- Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person, and via electronic media.
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicagoland Area. Hence, we especially encourage persons of color to apply.