Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant Dean/Director of Residential Life « Position Deleted on 3/02/2013 »
|Location:||Rock Island, IL|
|Salary:||$55,000 to $65,000 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsAssistant Dean of Students/Director of Residential Life
Reports To: Dean and Vice-President of Student Services
- 1 Assistant Director of Residential Life
- 4 Residential Area Coordinators
- Secretary Residential Life
- Oversees a budget of approximately $1.5 million working to monitor expenses and maximize the quality of the residential student population. Provides reports on budget and makes requests for variance as appropriate. Approves expenditures in this area.
- Supervises, mentors and develops five professional staff and approximately 50 student and paraprofessional staff. Sets performance expectations for staff members, provides feedback, and monitors staff activities to ensure outcomes are achieved.
- Oversees four large residence halls and over 50 smaller student residences comprising a total occupancy of up to 1900 residents. Works with staff to ensure residences are maintained and are safe and secure for student residents.
- Works with departments across campus to address student resident issues and concerns. Develops good working relationships with key departments including Facilities Services and Safety and Security to provide a healthy and safe living environment.
- Implements programs of social, developmental and educational activities designed to create community, support academic success and to engage students in learning outside of the classroom.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate federal, state, local and college regulations and leads reporting and other compliance related efforts.
- In collaboration with other departments, provides appropriate crisis response and risk management for student residents.
- Provides vision and leadership while ensuring the use of best practices for the residential life program.
- Serves on the Student Services team and assists with a variety of initiatives assigned by the Dean.
- Participate actively on college-wide committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience: 5-7 years of demonstrated leadership in a residence life management role with substantial and progressive administrative experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- A solid understanding of the role a residential life program plays at a private, liberal arts institution
- Strong leadership skills including organization, supervision, management of multiple projects, collaboration, enthusiasm and motivation
- Financial management skills
- Experience with crisis intervention and management
- Demonstrated success working with under-represented populations
- Ability to work collaboratively across organizational units
- Comprehensive knowledge of student development, current trends and national best practices
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a frequent basis. A valid driver's license and ability to be insurance for use of campus vehicles is required. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time.
Special Requirements: As key personnel representing the College to students, this position requires excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to relate to a diverse student body, and the ability and willingness to model the mission and high standard of behavior of Augustana College. During crisis situations this position must be available on a 24/7 basis.
Application Instructions: Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest including salary requirements & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 1, 2013
Augustana is an Equal Opportunity Employer