Media Services Specialist « Position Deleted on 3/07/2013 »
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Do you like being a part of a high energy team that likes helping others? Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment? Our expectations are high, and we work hard - and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn't hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation, employee events, and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that's just the beginning. Come join us as a Media Services Specialist
You will add value by:
- Being skilled in all aspects of audio and visual technology, sound systems, projection systems, personal computers, laptops, basic network connectivity, internet connectivity and use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Being able to troubleshoot hardware, software and connectivity issues on both stand alone and networked A/V systems.
- Effectively receiving, identifying and processing service requests and incident calls within S.L.A. timelines.
- Being able to identify and diagnose hardware and software problems in a combined Support/Helpdesk model by email, telephone, in person and with the aid of authorized remote control tools.
- Assisting with faculty, student and end-user questions and problems, recommending hardware and software packages, installing, testing and configuring same.
- Being able to effectively and professionally install and maintain both new hardware and existing hardware as well as perform migrations from old to new following best practices and site specific guidelines.
- Performing research on new technologies or technical issues as required and locating, testing, discussing and applying solutions effectively, professionally and promptly.
- Being able to author documents that meet expectations and contributing on a regular basis to knowledge base used for daily operations.
- Training end-users or peers in the use of hardware and software that they have mastered.
- Providing A/V support for classrooms and campus events.
- Properly escalating problems and making recommendations for repairs and upgrading as well as managing inventory.
- Being flexible and able to work day or evening shifts.
What we need from you:
- Education And/or Experience: Associates degree from college or technical school preferred. Relevant work experience considered in place of degree.
- Language Skills: Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common A/V technical journals.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, vendors, or members of the College community.
- Ability to effectively present information to Office of Technology Services management.
- Technical Skills: Maintains technical knowledge in one or more areas, including but not limited to: audio equipment, video projection systems, and videoconferencing units.
- Understanding or willingness to learn wiring diagrams.
- Working knowledge of AV integration and installation.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, collaboration software and scheduling software.
- Customer Focus: Must have the ability to deliver excellent customer service to various campus constituencies.
- Process/Improvement Focus: Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be open to change, creative in problem resolution, and innovative in generating solutions.
- People/Empowerment Focus: Must be able to give and receive feedback at all levels of the organization.
- Must effectively communicate with on-site staff, clients, and Ellucian corporate resources.
- Experience supporting the day to day AV operations of a campus environment including: operating AV, projection and lighting equipment, data and networking, and power distribution.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and be able to apply creative thinking while adhering to policy guidelines and exercising best practices at all times.
- Candidate must exercise a good strong work ethic, be dependable and punctual and present him or herself in proper business attire at all times.