Job Seekers, Sign In
Dental Hygiene Instructor (2 Positions) - Fall 2013 « Position Deleted on 4/10/2013 »
|Institution:||College of Southern Nevada|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJob Description:
1. Provide didactic instruction in the Associate and/or Baccalaureate programs - may include nights and off-campus clinical sites.
2. Attend faculty development in-services and program review - may include nights and weekends.
3. Participate in community service and program committee assignments.
4. Maintain office hours for student advisement and remediation.
5. Utilize various forms of online learning technology in teaching methodology.
Required Qualifications: Note: This position is open until filled. For full consideration please submit all application-related materials no later than February 1, 2013.
1. Provide evidence of Achievement of a Bachelor of Science degree in Dental Hygiene from a regionally accredited College or University.
2. Document a minimum 5 years of full-time clinical experience practicing Dental Hygiene (greater than 20hrs/week).
3. Provide evidence of a current CPR Health Provider Certificate.
4. Provide evidence of an active Nevada Dental Hygiene license with local anesthesia and nitrous oxide permits or evidence of eligibility for a Nevada Dental Hygiene license, local anesthesia and nitrous oxide permits by receiving a passing examination score within the past 5 years from one of the following dental hygiene exams:
Required Documents: Required documents (Cover Letter, Resume, and Transcripts) must be attached directly to the ON-LINE application. If you are unable to attach the required documents to your ON-LINE application, you may send them to Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 702.651.5778.
SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
1. Master's Degree in either Dental Hygiene, Education, Public Health or equivalent Science degree from a regionally accredited College or University.
2. Prior teaching experience in a Dental Hygiene Program.
3. Leadership/Management experience in a Dental Hygiene Program.
Equal Employment Opportunity: College of Southern Nevada recognizes that embracing diversity maximizes faculty and staff contribution to our goals and provides the best opportunity for student achievement. CSN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. AA/EOE/ADAAA.