Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Human Resources and Payroll « Position Deleted on 2/17/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsUnder the general supervision of the President, provides leadership and strategic direction in the human resources and payroll functional areas. Organizes and directs the activities of the human resources and payroll office including the coordination of institutional efforts to recruit competent individuals to staff the college. In addition, the director is responsible for evaluating the college salary plans, administering the compensation and benefits programs, interpreting and implementing human resource policies, preparing and auditing the staff, faculty and student payrolls, and managing the equal opportunity process. This individual is the lead senior officer in all matters regarding human resources including coordination of external (legal, governmental, community) relations regarding employees. The individual also coordinates appropriate training and performs ongoing research and studies.
- Plans recruitment programs for hiring new personnel for other than faculty positions and assists the Academic Dean with the faculty hiring process.
- Coordinates the hiring processes to insure that equal opportunity takes place and that promotion from within occurs when it is warranted.
- Establishes and maintains a system of classification of positions including assisting with writing and updating of position descriptions.
- Conducts appropriate compensation surveys to determine the relative position of the college's salaries within the appropriate job markets.
- Monitors job content to differentiate between positions that are either exempt or nonexempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Makes recommendations regarding adjustments in the salary plans for personnel other than faculty members and records all salary adjustments made by senior administrators following annual reviews.
- Develops and coordinates the presentation of appropriate training and development programs for administrators, managers and staff.
- Oversees the benefits program for faculty and staff and makes recommendations for additions to or changes in the coverage or carriers.
- Develops and manages all third party benefit providers/plans.
- Coordinates retirement planning, plan document changes and ensures regulatory disclosures are prepared and distributed as required.
- Maintains central workplace appointments and benefit files on faculty and staff members. Maintains performance records on personnel other than faculty.
- Assists with the writing and issuing of employment letters (contracts for faculty) that are signed by appropriate college administrators.
- Monitors all human resources related laws/regulations to insure compliance.
- Manages the college's performance evaluation program for all employees other than faculty members and makes recommendations for program improvements.
- Develops and recommends new or revised policies. Responsible for timely updating of the on-line Staff and Faculty Handbooks.
- Performs human resources research, and studies and issues reports. Responds to questionnaires on the status of the human resource administration program.
- Oversees the college payroll process, manages form 5500 development and submission, and supervises payables for benefit functions for the college.
- Advises managers and employees regarding employment related issues.
- Plans and implements service award functions.
- Oversees college retirement plans. Advises participants when needed.
- Performs exit interviews and serves as back up for new employee orientation and paperwork.
- Assists with general oversight of facilities as related to ADA compliance.
- Coordinates Title IX complaints and serves as Title IX Coordinator.
- Coordinates "Guilford Shares" annual giving campaign.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Master's degree preferred. SPHR/PHR certification highly preferred. Knowledge and experience with report writing software is also highly preferred. Prefer someone with PeopleAdmin and Banner experience.
Please upload all documents. Do not mail any application materials, as hard copy documents will not be accepted. Preference will be given to candidates who apply by February 15, 2013.
The College seeks applications representative of diversity based on age, race, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities, ethnicity, religion, national origin, career and life experiences, socio-economic background, geographic roots, as well as members of the Society of Friends. EOE.