Admissions Officer (2) « Position Deleted on 2/10/2013 »
DePaul University, the nation's largest Catholic university and one of the 10 largest private universities, is an urban institution with 6 campuses, more than 275 degree programs, and 25,000 students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
The Admissions Officer (2) will report to the Director of Admissions. The Admissions Officer (2) will develop and implement strategies and programs to facilitate recruitment and enrollment. This position will recruit and represent the College of Law at recruitment fairs throughout the United States. This is a professional position that requires extensive travel as well as some weekend and evening hours.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit prospective students by representing the College of Law at recruitment fairs and Law School Admission Council Forums throughout the United States.
- Extensive travel to both regional and national events.
- Coordinate all recruitment travel for the Office of Admission.
- Maintain relationships with key colleges and prelaw advisors.
- Provide Counseling to Admitted and Prospective Students and Applicants.
- Counsel prospective law students regarding the application process and programs at the College of Law.
- Maintain telephone, email and social media contacts with admitted students.
- Counsel applicants who have been denied admission and have been placed on the wait list.
- Assist the Director of Admission in coordinating all Open House and Law Day programs.
- Assist the Director of Admission in making presentations to prospective law students.
- Assist the Director of Admission in coordinating special recruitment events and retention events for admitted students at both regional and national receptions as well as on-campus events.
- Conduct regularly scheduled information sessions for prospective law students.
- Provide tours of the College of Law facilities for prospective students, applicants and admitted students.
- Assist the Director of Admission and Dean of Admission in developing and implementing recruitment strategies to meet enrollment goals.
- Utilize technological advancements to streamline admissions operations.
- Monitor recruitment initiatives and prepare statistical reports as requested by the Director of Admission and Dean of Admission.
- Assist the Director of Admission and Dean of Admission in preparing marketing publications for print and the Internet.
- Coordinate with other University departments to update website and publications content for admitted students.
- Update admission information on the College of Law website.
- Assist the Director of Admission in supervising admission assistants, student workers and temporary staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree.
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience in admissions in a progressive, fast-paced University environment.
- Ability to work some evening or weekends and travel.
- Juris Doctorate, Masters in Education or equivalent education & experience.
Salary & Benefits:
DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University's mission. Please click on the following link to review the full Benefits Summary. https://hr.depaul.edu/ContributionFolder/Docume nts/Benefits/Benefits_Summary_2013.pdf
Required Background Screening:
All final candidates extended an offer of employment will undergo background screening.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected.
For more information about the Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act, please visit: http://www.state.il.us/dcfs/faq/faq_faq_can.shtml
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.