Job Seekers, Sign In
Executive Director of Adult Education « Position Deleted on 2/11/2013 »
|Institution:||McHenry County College|
|Location:||Crystal Lake, IL|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide leadership and supervision for adult education programs, instruction,staff, and curriculum for all department courses, grant-funded projects, and services to include: ABE, ASE, ESL and Citizenship, Career Pathway Programs, bridge transition projects,Adult Volunteer Literacy, English Language-Civics, as well as department registration, testing, data entry, and advising.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide leadership for collaborative, strategic planning efforts for the development and continuous improvement of all programs in the Adult Education department which includes ABE, ASE, ESL, and Citizenship.
- Oversee collaboration with non-profit organizations, workforce and economic development agencies and local businesses. Monitor adult education needs and develop programs and services that align with these needs.
- Provide oversight in development of curricula for ABE, ASE, ESL and Citizenship
- Ensure such program and strategic planning and implementation is consistent with the overall mission and plan of McHenry County College (MCC).
- Collaborate with and maintain positive working relationships with other MCC departments to develop and promote programs and services as appropriate. Support programs and services in the Academic and Student Affairs Division.
- Provide leadership, support, and supervision for department professional and classified staff as well as faculty. Responsible for the hiring, performance evaluation and management of program staff and instructional staff related to Adult Education programs. Responsible for assessing human resource, budgetary and facility department needs.
- Develop and administer budgets for Adult Education programs and grants in collaboration with the Executive Dean of Workforce and Community Development and related state agencies.
- Administer current grants and provide leadership and coordination in the development of new grant funds for the department. Oversee all grant expenses, billings, reports and proposal writing.
- Administer and interpret College, state, and federal policies to assure department compliance; develop grant proposals for state and federal grants as well as private grants and; interface with MCC finance and resource development staff as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Office of Marketing and Public Relations oversee the development of marketing, publication and media initiatives to enhance program operations.
- In partnership with appropriate administrators and staff oversee all contracts, staff and agreements for off-campus locations.
- Serve as primary Adult Education liaison for MCC with the Illinois Community College Board, Illinois State Board of Education, and the Illinois Board of Higher Education. Oversee completion and submission of data, reports and grants on a timely basis.
- Represent McHenry County College on federal, state, community, and college committees and task forces, Area Planning Council #528 and appropriate state and national associations. Develop and negotiate partnership agreements as appropriate.
- Support and participate in the College's commitment to continuous improvement and the AQIP process of accreditation through appropriate participation in Action Team activities.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
EDUCATION: Master's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Adult Education, Education or related area required
EXPERIENCE: Three years of administrative experience in Adult Education to include experience in supervision of staff, grant management at the state and/or federal level, and program management. Community college experience preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
- Ability to analyze data and develop strategies, goals and procedures
- Ability to work with local, state and federal adult education agencies
- Strong collaboration skills. Ability to work well with internal and external groups
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, responsive to changing goals, priorities and needs
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations and community organizations
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete them within tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with technology, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of and commitment to the College mission and goals
- Ability to work independently yet have a strong team orientation
- Commitment and respect for diversity
- Ability to perform all of the essential functions, skills and specifications of the position
Qualified applicants must submit all of the following: a letter of application, current resume, an MCC Employment Application form, and copies of undergraduate and graduate level transcripts.
McHenry County College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity in its college community.