Job Seekers, Sign In
Nursing On-line Instructor, Master's Degree Program « Position Deleted on 3/13/2013 »
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPlease note this is a virtual position.
Kaplan University offers term by term, non-tenured teaching appointments to qualified individuals who are dedicated to providing quality educational experiences to students in Associates, Bachelors and Masters degree programs. This position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals to work in a professional learning community wherein faculty contribute to and engage in instructional best practice for adult learners in an innovative, non-traditional university setting.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Providing a learning environment that supports student success.
- Teaching synchronous or asynchronous seminars as assigned by school or program.
- Development and posting of the class syllabi in the class Message Board.
- Maintaining school-determined virtual office hours per week for each class.
- Ensuring timely management and response to electronic correspondence from students, administrators, and other school officials.
- Leading message board discussions and engaging students in relevant discussion and coursework.
- Partnering with Academic Advisors to address student concerns.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate and timely reports for student grades/progress.
- Delivering mid-term and final grades to the Registrar's Office according to the academic calendar.
- Enforcing student conduct policies as outlined in the University Catalog.
- Attending department and faculty meetings.
- Additional duties as may be assigned by the School.
Doctoral degree of Science in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution. Ideal candidates will posses an unencumbered license; if not a licensed nursing instructor in any of the Compact Legislation States you will need to obtain a license through the Iowa Board of Nursing.
1-3 years related experience.
Microsoft Office suite. Exceptional computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and adobe connect meeting technology.
Ability to work effectively in a remote environment with minimal supervision.