Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Institutional Research, Analysis and Planning « Position Deleted on 2/10/2013 »
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsSUMMARY AND SCOPE OF POSITION
Bates College seeks applications for the newly-configured position of Director of Institutional Research, Analysis and Planning. Led by a recently-appointed president who oversaw the Office of Institutional Research at Harvard University, Bates is committed to developing a culture of data-informed decision-making in all areas of college life.
The Director will oversee the office responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting key data for the work of the college, communicating to both external and internal constituencies. Working collaboratively with the college's senior staff, the Director will provide analyses to inform decision-making by academic leaders, senior administrators, and trustees. The Director, together with the Dean of the Faculty, will also help develop appropriate assessment mechanisms in academics and assist faculty in efforts to innovate in teaching and learning.
Bates College, located in Lewiston, Maine, is one of the leading liberal arts colleges in the nation. Founded in 1855 by abolitionists and the first New England college to be coeducational, Bates has a long-standing commitment to inclusiveness and social responsibility. Building on these values, Bates takes pride in an approach to the liberal arts that involves intensive engagement on campus, in the local community, and in the broader world.
Review of applications will begin on February 8th.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Identifying, planning and conducting analyses for college leadership and trustees
- Facilitating the collection of college-wide facts and figures and reporting them to the government, other external agencies, and internal constituencies
- Managing data sharing partnerships inside and outside of the college
- Supporting key college-wide topic-specific initiatives, such as working groups
- Developing college enrollment projections and course enrollment patterns
- Administering, analyzing and reporting student survey data
- Supporting Academic Departments in departmental reviews
- Supporting college reaccreditation efforts
- Supporting external funding applications by members of the Bates Community
- Supporting and managing special projects for the President and senior staff
- Supervising two staff members and occasionally student staff
Three to five years of experience in institutional research and advanced degree in a quantitative field. Must be able to build strong relationships with diverse stakeholders across the college and communicate data and analyses to a wide range of audiences. Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity, priority and length. Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods, statistics, Microsoft Excel, and relational databases. Experience with Banner and Hyperion desired.
Bates College is committed to building and maintaining a workforce that accurately reflects the diversity of our student body, alumni network, and local community. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply and are committed to hiring individuals who value a diverse and inclusive work environment. Bates is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Applicants should submit a resume and letter of interest as a single .pdf document online at http://www.bates.edu/employment/. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Our preference is that all documents uploaded be in a .pdf format as one document. Questions regarding the application process may be directed to Amie Parker, Employment Manager, via e-mail at email@example.com.
Bates College values a diverse college community and seeks to assure equal opportunity through a continuing and effective Affirmative Action program.