Job Seekers, Sign In
Recruitment & Employment Specialist IV « Position Deleted on 3/13/2013 »
|Institution:||Elgin Community College|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs
Elgin Community College
Recruitment & Employment Specialist IV
Recruitment & Employment Specialist IV
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Fulfilling our mission to improve people's lives through learning, Elgin Community College offers more than a vibrant learning environment, high academic standards, and a real educational value. We are proud to provide some of the most satisfying careers in the field of higher education. Make a bright choice for the future of our students-and for the future of your career. We are currently accepting applications for the Recruitment & Employment Specialist IV position.
Responsible for driving activities related to recruitment, selection, hiring, staffing, personnel changes, and vacancy management processes. Create and foster relationships to attract and recruit candidates of diverse backgrounds. Utilize various sourcing and pipeline strategies to proactively identify qualified candidates that match short and long term needs. Serve as an institutional partner and peer resource, advancing the recruitment process and building organizational awareness.
1. Develop, coordinate and implement marketing, programs and strategies to ensure availability of diverse qualified applicants.
2. Research, coordinate and participate in recruiting job/career fairs.
3. Analyze, respond to and resolve recruitment issues.
4. Develop job postings, place job ads, outreach efforts, newsgroups, job sites, social media sites, etc.
5. Screen and test applicants, if applicable.
6. Conduct reference/background/licensure/certification verification.
7. Assist with on-boarding/off-boarding employees.
8. Maintain knowledge of workforce trends.
9. Interpret and utilize policies and procedures; comply with federal and state regulations.
10. Provide ongoing training and coaching to managers and staff.
11. Responsible for system maintenance; input and maintain employee data; perform data updates, exports, imports, clean-up, research/report, correct any data discrepancies, submit reports; troubleshoot issues/problems; recommend and assist with the implementation of new systems and processes.
12. Develop and maintain community public relations and partnerships; establish membership and participate in organizations; and may serve on related committees and task forces.
13. Provide general administrative support such as prepare correspondence, files, forms and reports, arrange meetings, process confidential reports and documents, file electronic and hard copy, track deadlines, and take minutes.
14. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
15. Monitor the appropriate line items in the Human Resources budget to ensure expenses are within budgeted amounts.
1. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Three years of human resources, recruiting, marketing, sales or related experience.
3. Thorough knowledge of state/federal law.
4. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook), applicant tracking systems, etc.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
1. Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Certified Recruiting Specialist (CRS), or AIRS certification.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at: https://jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51402
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment/Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.