Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Financial Services « Position Deleted on 3/13/2013 »
|Institution:||University of the Rockies|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThere is a community that exists inside our organization. Working as a team at University of the Rockies, we build partnerships while providing opportunities for students and employees to grow and become their best. We nurture our employees and strive to promote from within.
University of the Rockies provides high-quality, accessible learning opportunities globally for diverse groups of individuals seeking preparation for life goals, professional practice, service, and distinguished leadership.
University of the Rockies was founded on the principle that education improves lives, and our employees witness such change every day.
We are dedicated to our core values of Service, Excellence, Integrity and Diversity, and we value the opportunity to make a difference in our students' lives and in the greater community.
The Director of Financial Services position is a full-time employment opportunity. The Director of Financial Services works under the direction of the University President to provide leadership to Financial Services staff members, and provide oversight of day-to-day operations.
Essential Job Duties:
- Hire, train, and manage Associate Directors, Financial Services Managers, and staff to achieve targeted packaging, show rate, and customer service objectives
- Identify and develop standard management information reports to measure overall financial services staff and manage performances
- Research escalated issues and provides solutions to students and management
- Responsible for overseeing Accounts Receivable (A/R) balances and Day Sales Outstanding (DSO) metrics and meeting department goals
- Maintain a working knowledge of federal, state and institutional policies governing federal student aid programs
- Advise students and employees on financial aid matters
- Assist with the implementation of policies and procedures to service student and institutional needs
- Apply and communicate school policies, regulations and procedures as it relates to student financial aid, and all payment options (i.e. direct bill, tuition reimbursement).
- Work closely with all departments and institute processes for a successful team environment
- Monitor students' progress in completing financial aid documents (i.e. FAFSA, Institutional Application, etc) online, within established packaging timeframes.
- Administer a high level of customer service by assisting students through timely completion of financial aid documents
- Maintain adequate staffing levels to ensure customer service and compliance in accordance with University policies
- Work closely with third-party packaging servicers to resolve student account issues and create efficient process flows
- Other duties/projects as assigned determined necessary to optimize student customer service and to support institutional compliance and processing efficiencies
- Excellent management, communication, analytical and organization skills
- Knowledge of the proprietary educational environment and how training and education relates to the job market
- Knowledge of internal control concepts and principles
- Knowledge of the admissions, education, financial aid, and registration is a plus
- Ability to organize and prioritize work load and to deliver assignments on time and within budget
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, growth-oriented, goal-based environment
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships
- Service: Encompasses the company's core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility
- Leading Change: This competency serves as the foundation of the Leadership competency model as it aligns the behaviors and characteristic of the individuals with the organization's mission and core values. Inherent in this competency is the individual's ability to balance change and continuity; to continually strive to improve organizational framework; to create a work environment that encourages innovation; and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity
- Leading People: The second leadership competency involves the ability to maximize human capital by fostering an environment that encompasses the organization's culture and execute the mission, goals and core values
- Business Acumen: This competency involves the ability to understand and administer business information cross departmentally in a manner that inspires confidence, instills trust and accomplishes the organization's goals
- Building Communication: The fourth leadership competency encompasses written and verbal communications of facts and ideas as well as developing a professional network inside and outside the organization.
- Driving Results: The final competency stresses accountability and continuous improvement through decision making, execution and producing results
- Minimum 3+ years of higher-education finance-related experience
- Understanding a goal-oriented business model, ability to successfully attain desired objectives
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities
- Participative management style - advocates team concept
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate with diverse personalities. Tactful, mature
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive - but able to recognize and support organizational preferences and priorities
- Satisfactory communication skills, written and verbal
- Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field, Masters degree a plus
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
University of the Rockies is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.