Job Seekers, Sign In
Online Psychology Instructor « Position Deleted on 3/18/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsOnline Psychology Instructor
EducationPortal.com, Remilon LLC's flagship website, offers free college courses that lead to real college credit. We are looking for passionate educators to develop and record world-class educational micro lectures that will reach millions of students each month.
Our courses are made up of of bite-sized video lessons (each 5-10 minutes long) that cover a single concept. Each course is designed to prepare students to earn real college credit through a credit-granting exam. Our lessons are also widely used by instructors to:
- Supplement classroom instruction
- Replace costly textbooks
- Engage reluctant learners
Read more about our solution to making education accessible through free online courses here: http://education-portal.com/academy/how-it-works.html
About the Online Instructor position
We are looking for instructors to create both video and text-only lessons. Instructors should have engaging, relatable styles and be able to make difficult concepts seem easy. Instructors should be subject matter experts with teaching experience. This is a telecommuting contract position and instructors can work on their own schedules. The job is ideal for adjunct professors, high school teachers and professionals working part-time for secondary and post-secondary institutions.
We are particularly seeking instructors for courses in psychology, computer programming, business, accounting, economics, nursing, Spanish language, science, history, U.S. government, math and sociology.
To apply, submit a writing sample in your area of expertise that teaches a concept in under 300 words.
Most instructors start on text-only lessons. Our rock star instructors have the opportunity to move up to video after an orientation period.
Text instructors deliver:
- Lesson text
- Quiz questions
- Visual aids
- Lesson scripts
- Quiz questions
- Lesson images
- Video storyboard
- Audio recordings
- What are the
Different Types of Numbers? ( http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/classification-of-numbers.html)
- Properties of Matter ( http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/matter-physical-and-chemical-properties.html)
- The Declaration of
Independence ( http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/the-declaration-of-independence-text-signers-and-legacy.html)
Invention of Writing ( http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/the-invention-of-writing.html)
- Types of Planning ( http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/types-of-planning-strategic-tactical-operational-contingency-planning.html)
- Master's degree or higher
- Hands-on experience with post-secondary or secondary teaching
- Ability to develop and record a minimum of ten lessons per month
- Compelling vocal presence and relatable presentation style
- Ability to make abstract topics engaging and concrete
- Effective speaking and e-communication skills
- Ability to
follow guidelines and respond to constructive feedback
- Passionate about making education accessible and educating under-served
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
- $60 per completed text lesson
- $125 per completed video lesson
Why teach for Education Portal?
- Help make
education accessible to people who need it
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 5+ million
web visitors each month
- Work with other talented and passionate instructors
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.