Physics Faculty « Position Deleted on 3/18/2013 »
|Institution:||University of St. Francis|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
The University of St. Francis, a Catholic, Franciscan institution in Joliet, Illinois, invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor of Physics or Physical Chemistry to begin August 2013. The position with be defined as Assistant Professor of Physics or Assistant Professor of Physical Chemistry depending on the candidate's experience and qualifications. This is a full time, tenure-track position.
USF offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs serving traditional-aged and adult students through a variety of learning formats. Small class sizes and a student-centered philosophy characterize the USF experience. The university is located in a residential Joliet neighborhood 35 miles southwest of Chicago with satellite campuses in downtown Joliet and Albuquerque, NM.
This position requires teaching a full load of courses each semester in General Physics and introductory Chemistry for Biology majors and non-Science Majors, and elective courses within the candidate's expertise that enhance the Biology and Allied Health programs as well as Physical and Environmental sciences; advising students; and providing scholarly research and service to the discipline, college, and university.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Work is performed in classroom and office settings with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Substantial time is spent working on a computer. This work requires the following physical activities: sitting, walking, bending, stooping, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
Essential Duties and Responsibility:
1. Teach courses in General Physics, Physical Chemistry and other electives.
2. Advise majors
3. Carry out meaningful scholarship
4. Participate in in service related activities within the department, college and university
1. Ph.D. in Physics or Chemistry (ABD accepted if degree is earned within calendar year)
2. Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
3. Willingness to support the Catholic and Franciscan values of the university
1. University or college teaching experience in Physics and Chemistry
2. Willingness to develop an interdisciplinary research program that can expand our chemistry offerings, complement our existing programs and aid in the development of a Major in Chemistry with the department.
To View Posting and Apply, visit: https://www.stfrancis.edu/employment-ads/physfac