Senior Structural Engineer - West Lafayette - Facilities Engineering « Position Deleted on 2/16/2013 »
|Location:||West Lafayette, IN|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
The Senior Structural Engineer is the champion for developing, maintaining, and communicating structural engineering standards for the University. Provide structural engineering support and planning for campus facilities. Prioritize deferred repair and rehabilitation needs and provide strategic master planning for building structural systems. Participate in building condition assessment program. Provide professional oversight for in-house structural design work. Provide project engineering support through consultation, design review, and resolution of issues in construction, warranty, and post-warranty. Provide facilities engineering support for University clients. Provide engineering judgment and recommendations on structural issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology required.
- Must be a Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Indiana or must obtain Indiana Registration within 90 days of employment.
- Five years of Engineering experience as a Registered Professional Engineer required.
- Experience in structural steel and reinforced concrete design required.
- Must have strong work, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Must have strong communication, leadership, teamwork, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills required in use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and discipline-specific technical software applications.
- Knowledge of appropriate state and federal mechanical codes required.
- Experience in building condition and assessment, repair and rehabilitation.
- Experience in parking garage design, maintenance and repair.
- Experience in development of construction documents for building construction.
- Construction observation experience.
- Engineering supervision experience.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the building design and construction process in a university environment.
A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime.)
Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer.
Interested applicants should apply online by locating the position at